Thread: Telnet mail problem.

Telnet mail problem.

Ok, When you send an anonymous mail with telnet, why can you only send it to certain mails? for examle why not blahblah@VERIZON.net it seems to have trouble with .nets and .govs ect

refer page:http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak124002.aspx

umm i sent an e-mail via iname.com to a friend from AgentSmith@fbi.gov, worked fine ! I think it depens if the server u use for sending e-mails allows those kind of extensions !

Just Another Geek
    You can only send emails to the correct mailserver. If you want to send an email to verizon.net you'll need to connect to their mailserver.

I think you're trying to relay. This should not be possible (if the mailserver is correctly setup).
    Another possibility is you're using an anonymous relayer and the receiving end blocks it because of an RBL. But since you're spoofing the From: address you won't see the NDR.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Re: Telnet mail problem.

Originally posted here by mastacracka
    Ok, When you send an anonymous mail with telnet, why can you only send it to certain mails? for examle why not blahblah@VERIZON.net it seems to have trouble with .nets and .govs ect

refer page:http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak124002.aspx
    The server is probably correctly telling you it won't relay mail for domains outside of it's
    configuration.

email 101

I know this is a little off topic but dose any one know of any good smtp servers.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    I know this is a little off topic but dose any one know of any good smtp servers
    Yeah, I have 5 and they are great, 3 are Windows Exchange 2000, one is IIS SMTP and one is NTMail....

Or are you talking about relays?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Regal Making Handler
    tds3 the trojan scanner can be used for smtp.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry