Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voters Urged Not to Eat Their Ballots

Talking Voters Urged Not to Eat Their Ballots

OMG! This brought tears to my eyes. Now this is humorous mockery at it's best.

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Reuters) - Canadians went to the polls in a federal election on Monday with a firm warning from election officials: Please do not eat your ballots.
    "Eating a ballot, not returning it or otherwise destroying or defacing it constitutes a serious breach of the Canada Elections Act," Elections Canada warns on its Internet site.

The issue was of sufficient concern to warrant inclusion in the site's "Frequency asked Questions" section, above answers to such inquiries as "Why should I vote?" and "Am I registered?"

Three Alberta men were charged with eating their paper ballots during Canada's last federal election, in 2000. The members of the Edible Ballot Society were protesting against what they said was a lack of real choice among candidates.
    The Edible Ballot Socitey....Just to damn funny! I think they should sue the Canadian Government and demand that the ballots come in multiple flavors. I would like a toffee flavored ballot please.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

I want to move over to Canada now .......We don't have ballots Papers here ..but Electronic Voting Machines...and it's kinda huge and Hard to chew.... ...

AO French Antique News Whore
    *Ashame to live in Canada but proud I'm not in BC*
    -Simon \"SDK\"

who says we never get news from canada...arrested for eating their ballots
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

but I am hungry....
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

my gf had edible panties once

I had edible panties once. I finished them before my GF could wear them though.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Originally posted here by SDK
    *Ashame to live in Canada but proud I'm not in BC*
    *cocks LE gun*

Well, all I can say is:

There's as much chance of me eating my ballot as there is of a politician eating its words

I wonder what wine you should order with a ballot?

I would recommend white wine. It goes with fish so should be ok with politics.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)