Thread: windows 2k driver question

windows 2k driver question

I want to change my OS from win 98 to win 2K.. I need a list of win2K driver..i tried to search for that in google but i cant find a complete list of drivers ...help me pls... pls message me in yahoo messenger yahoo id: girlwithpharmacykeys THANKS!

The Iceman Cometh
    It's easier if you first make a list of the different hardware components. Then, go the the websites of each of the manufacturers of the components and download the Windows 2000 drivers for them. Many components will be automatically detected but you typically gain more functionality with the drivers from the manufacturers (especially for components such as video cards and wireless network cards). I doubt you'll ever find a list with all of the drivers that Windows 2000 has included in it and, realistically, you would never really need it since you only have a specific set of hardware which you need drivers for.

AJ

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Well.... The things you need to think about are:-

1. Can your current hardware handle Win2k?
    2. Is your current hardware on the HCL, (Hardware Compatibility List), at Microsoft.com?
    3. Do your current devices such as camera's etc. have Win2k drivers available?
    4. Should you change your Yahoo ID to something that makes you sound more mature?

Once you have considered those issues you may be ready for Win2k.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Why do you need a whole list ? Just search for the driver you need and look is Win2K says next to it.

Right!

Why do you wish to move from Win98 to Win2K?

What benefits do you think that you would get from that?

I run both.............and am happy with them..............have you considered dual booting?

I NEVER give answers to users solutions, unless it is also my solution of choice

Cheers

thanks for the advice..i'll just buy a brand new CPU

Errr...........

I think that you are missing the point?

Win2K is actually NT5.........like a development of the M$ commercial softwares

Win95/98/ME are domestic (home user) softwares

If you buy a new machine, get WinXP..................

Hope that helps?

AOs Resident Troll
    Most updates to w2k have gone pretty well seamless for me...
    All pretty well brand name hardware..PII 400 + class...
    make sure you got lots of memory min 256MB.

The only drivers I had problems with were ISA modems and old NICs....which sometimes totally klled the update\install

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Yes Morgan~

But why does she want to go to 2K rather than XP, which is much better at games and stuff?

thanks for the advice..i'll just buy a brand new CPU
    WOAH...relax ....lol

By my experience i've found XP to be much more stable running different processes at once which require a lot of memory.

Have you installed win2k yet....If not, there's no need to find the drivers first....Kinda like bying the saddle before the horse. After you install win2k, see what needs drivers and go from there.