Thread: Multiple Firewall Alerts

Please Help Me!!!

I don't know a whole lot about computers, I know that virus's suck! I have Norton anti-virus and personal firewall and I am networked in a small office to 3 other computers. I keep getting a warning from my personal firewall that a trojan is trying to gain access into my computer. It displays the IP address of the attacker and I add it to the restricted list on my 'Internet zone control' provided by my Norton Systemworks. BUT, the hacker keeps trying to hack my cpu from different IP's and it is VERY annoying. He hasn't got into my system BUT it has slowed down my Internet/CPU drastically!!! How can I stop this for good?

you cant.
    just ignore NIS messages or configure NIS to dont show you this kind of alert. (not a wise action, although)
    BTW, maybe just a bot scan on Internet. Very common nowadays
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

If it is in fact a trojan get a trojan removal tool..
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Could just be worm activity as well. Not much you can do other than take comfort in the fact that your firewall is doing it's job and ignore the alerts, these one's will pass and other one's will come along, welcome to the internet.

Cheers:
    DjM

I've been receiving these alerts now for a few weeks. We even had our entire networked changed (within the past week) and we have new IP's......and he is still trying to attack me. Is there something internal on my cpu that is sending out my IP? Seems like there has to be....if it is a trojan, it can be removed correct? Thanks for all of the help!

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Since you say your "personal firewall" I'll assume you mean a software firewall on your box.

Are you sure that one of the other three boxes isn't infected with a trojan?

When you get the alert what is the IP address of the "attacking" machine? Just give us the first two octets.... ie: the source IP address is 111.111.111.111 just show us 111.111.xxx.xxx .in case the address is publicly available. The we'll work from there
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

If your CPU is getting hit by all of the activity, you may have to seperate the "firewall" from your
    pc and run it on another box infront of your PC or install a hardware device to do the firewall chores. Probably the same traffic everyone else on the net sees. If your PC based firewall is your only protection, you may want to be sure to turn your machine off when not using it. Or unplug from network at least.

Good luck!!