Visual Virus ???

Thread: Visual Virus ???

Banned

Visual Virus ???

Im just curious til i get my NAV2005 cause my current NAV2002 is expired for updates, but recently has anyone of ya seen a virus that messes up the screen, its not my monitor and i already ran couple of scans but they arent up to date...just wanted to see what ya think, below is a image of what this **** looks like...
    ...just if it helps, i played UT2004 online for a month or so and then all at once that **** came up...Its either my graphic card (GeForce2MX 400/32mb or some really messed up virus or trojan...

Did you try the suggestion made on the other thread you made about this? Get a borrowed GFX card to check if it's the GFX card
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

The Recidivist
    I have run across this problem before, I think it was the monitor that was ****. I cant really remember. I do remember after messing with reloading drivers and what not that it did eventually fix itself. Loose connection or something im not sure. If you have a spare monitor why not try it out.
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Banned
    raion i still didnt get no spare from a friend to try that out since they are all too busy and so am i...and hjack i know its not my monitor for sure b/c i connected it to my laptop and it was fine...so all i can think of is either the graphic card or some software issue...

For a second there I thought this thread was about 'Snow Crash'

But I looked at your pic there and it is most definately either your card or your driver that has gone to crap. Monitors also do stuff like that too so don't rule it out either (I had one monitor that would be perfect for weeks but every now and then it would freek out!)
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

Banned
    Virus? No if I were going to put in some screwy graphical payloads into a virus & then display it to the user you would see something more like this...

Well that was fun!
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

Banned
    i dont think its the driver cause i updated all my Nvidia Drivers a long time ago...and the monitor is fine when i connect it to my laptop...so all i can do is get my frien's Graphic card when he comes back July 5th i think and test it out

go into device manager and remove the device. reboot and let it reload.

load the newest drivers.

otherwise... its probably your graphics card.

if you need to update your virus defs temporarily (until you get the new version or renew your subscritption)... download them manually from NAVs site and set your date to before you expired. then try to install the newest defs (inteligent updater?) it will update your virus defs. (for NAV 2000-2003) I've had to do this several times.

Clients often have av installed but expired. at least I can load the latest defs and scan before they get a new subscription.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Old Fart
    Also check your refresh rate.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...