MP3 Renamer !!!

Thread: MP3 Renamer !!!

Banned

MP3 Renamer !!!

Ok i was in IRC chat with some people like always and Silver-Bullets ( pm8228 on AO) gave us some link to a file which mass renames mp3 files, and at end it even shows the one that it couldnt rename, i got like 4 out of 70 files not being renamed, which saves me a bunch of time...i know that many just dont care but some just want it to be in order and nice, i love this...Im not takin the credit for this...if u wanna thank someone thank pm8228 or Silver-Bullets on IRC

care to share the link scripty
    Wouldn't mind getting my hands on such a program..

While a great program, i think it has one issue. If it works how I think, then it renames mp3's based on id3 tags and if those are wrong then you have a misnamed mp3 so be sure those id3 tags are right.
    <chsh> I've read more interesting technical discussion on the wall of a public bathroom than I have at AO at times

Banned
    hahahaha im a dumbass, i forgot to attach it ^_^ hahaha, very funny, yes id love to share it with ya...

edit: yep it renames it by some tags, 2 actually and if those fail then it gives a list of the ones unable to rename and then u can manually rename them within the program...

Hey um i think there's something wrong with the Program Scripty..
    Either it's a dud program or you didn't include everything for the download cause when i tried to run the program i got an error message.
    (See Attachment.)

cheers
    f2b:.

Banned
    There's a bunch of freeware out there that automatically renames mp3's (and other formats), using online databases. They rename mp3's and automatically update all of the id-tags (artist - song title - album - ...) directly from those databases. It's much more reliable than the above solution (missing id-tags are no problem), and faster.

Here's one of those free databases.
    I haven't tried this one yet (I use the Pro version of MusicMatch, which does it automatically, twenty times faster and more reliable than mp3renamer... dunno what database it uses, though).

Banned
    wtf f2b...i just downloaded my attachments and they work just fine, i think the .tar below should do the job now..

Ok thanks scripty, i'm downloading and gonna give it a whirl..

cheers
    F2B:.

Banned
    ...this is just an update but i've renamed all of my 2k songs , i had to rename like 50 or so manually but that only took like 5 mins, im so happy its all in order now