Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overcomg laziness :(

Banned

Overcomg laziness :(

Hi.
    I've been trying to learn to Code in C for about 3 days now.I can already code in VB,and ASM,but i'm not good at ASM.Anyway,i've reached to the part that describes the arrays.But whenever i try reading anymore i feel lazy.Bah..
    has any of you ever felt that?any suggestions on how to overcome this?

a couple of bottles of beer seem to take care of that for me... I dont know what works for you. Try sleeping.

I have had that kind of frustration learning C and ASM, and the best advice I can give is that you should take a break for a few days or more, to let things absorb. For me, OpenGL in C++ and ASM were both really friggin' frustrating and I had to take some time to get out and forget about it for a few days, week, whatever. Go to a party or something. Don't get in trouble tho.
    I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children’s children, because I don’t think children should be having sex. -- Jack Handey

LOL, I'm having the same problem I've stopped reading my c++ book ever since they got into arrays. I force myself to read.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

I find getting out of the house and doing something to be a good way to overcome laziness.

If I get out and do something it gives me a chance to refresh from my girl, work, school and computers.

I prefer to mountain bike, hike, play disc golf, rollerblade, fish, rock climb, camp out for a weekend, go 4x4, or anything outdoors. Even a night at the bar can help out... but I'm even more lazy the next day because I'm recovering...

If I get bored with a book... I'll head down to the beach. When I get tired of reading a bit... I can look up at the ladies (can't do more than look... I already have a girl)... or jump in the water and then get back to my book.

My state actually has a site that promotes these types of activities.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

cybr1d, booze loosens up everything, the mood and the ideas , it works great for me too

Take up skateboarding.

Yeah, arrays are a pain in the land of C/C++. Ah, but things get so, so much more worse, the nightmare has only begun! It's worth it though.

What worked for me during my most bogged-down years of college was this method:

1) Study
    2) Playstation for half an hour
    3) Study
    4) Playstation
    5) Study
    6) Playstation

Hopefully, you're seeing a pattern here...Graduated barely under 3.5 GPA. Thank you Sony!

Ali -

Don't think you are alone. When I first started learning computers I decided I would start with learning HTML. So as everyone here knows HTML is incredibly simple so it was very easy to learn and I saw fast results.

After HTML I decided why stop with that so I turned to VB. Well I started to not like VB but I pushed through not taking time to let it soak in (bad idea). Well after that I didn't really wanna even look at anything having to do with programming for a while and I started to focus more on graphics and 3D design and that sorta stuff. Well soon after learning a about graphics I started learning java and I liked it and read (even through arrays or objects) alot. However I soon after abandoned it for I could not focus on the coding.

Now, fast-forward to today. I am sitting in front of my computer around 10 - 12 hours a day (consistently) and I love it. How I don't get bored of reading and learning is my varying my computer activities and after I get out work I try to do something fun for myself. Like go swimming then get some, run then get some, play some soccer then get some, smoke a bunch of cigarrettes then get some, go out with the lady, get some or go drinking then get some. Then the next day I am either recovering or I feel refreshed ready to take on the world. But either way I don't get bored with computers to get a 'computer depression.'

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

I've never found learning anything computer related frustrating. And I also seldom get bored for more than 15 minutes behind a computer. If I am reading a computer related book I only stop reading when I want to actually use a computer instead of reading about them or when it's time for dinner
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Never frustrated? El, you must be some sorta cyber-Jedi. When it comes to programming, I get frustrated often, especially when your bug is some itty-bitty character in code that has been misplaced or mistyped, and you have to spend the next couple of hours trying to find it (which is why I'm not a programmer!).