Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Network Documentations is Security

to be fair nothing in networking at this point is common knowledge. Unless it is known widley by many different groups of people it is not common knowledge. For example You can go and ask almost anyone in the country who our president is and they will know. But if you were to a random perosn on the streets and ask what TCP/IP is or what FTP is chances are they wont.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Banned
    Who the president of a country is, is usually only common knowledge in that country.
    What TCP/IP is, is usually only common knowledge in the circles of "computer"-people.

You set a limited group of people (Americans) amongst who there is common knowledge about who the president is, so you should also set a limited group of people (computer-people) amongst who there is common knowledge about what TCP/IP is.

It's not logical to say that there is no common knowledge about networking based on your comment that there is common knowledge about who the president is.

I bet there are more people in the world who know what TCP/IP is than there are people who know who the president of Belarus is...

What is Belarus? It has a president?

Yes Negative has a good point. Although it might make a difference if you are talking about a percapita basis (might not though considering Neg's example).
    http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/bo.html
    After seven decades as a constituent republic of the USSR, Belarus attained its independence in 1991. It has retained closer political and economic ties to Russia than any of the other former Soviet republics. Belarus and Russia signed a treaty on a two-state union on 8 December 1999 envisioning greater political and economic integration. Although Belarus agreed to a framework to carry out the accord, serious implementation has yet to take place.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Just goes to show everything's worth debating here in AO.

The Recidivist
    OMFG Soda_Popinsky

It's sorta like of APA or MLA citation to work it like that

STFU

and leave that nasty stuff @ class

"Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

I before C except after E, cross your i's and dot your t's

Originally posted here by MilitantEidolon
    haha, maybe I can only write when I need to.

Oh well if you guys feel that it is necessary for me to do that I will.

- MilitantEidolon
    so what is it, is AO unworthy of your proper writing?

not that i have ever considered there might be a time not to write properly, for any reason.

very good point negative. But the fact still stands the the majority of networking technology is not considered general knowledge, my argument was inalid but my point was not.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Guys, why is it everytime we have a questionable tut we have to spend pages debating everything about it? I think the point's been well made now. These beating-of-the-dead-horse posts just continue to take away from any discussion that could take place regarding the actual topic.

So let's shush and move on.