Alot of word has been going round about how certian virii (or viruses) use your own outlook address book against you - but I hear you cry that you can't do without it........I know I can't!

I used to be a die hard no outlook fan but now i use it for work i can't do without it. So how d you stop malicode progs from misusing it and making everyone in your dressbook think your trying to send them the latest nasty virus doing the rounds

well the first and most simple way is dont get infected - no there are 101 different posts on the best AVP etc hee on AO so I aint going to go through that - also there are alot of posts about common sense (which aint common at all) and how you should only open attachments you ahve requested.

So lets forget about those types of things and pretend you have been affected how do you stop the virus using your email list to its own spread...........first thing you could do is not have a address book on your machine!!!!

Buit i need my addy book i hear you scream! So add people to Hotmail - an online safe addy book you can check form anywhere problem solved

but what if you dont want to o on hotmail? then store your email addys not in outlook ut in a txt file but change the extension to a non normal one

most virii only scan for certain file types for email addys (html etc) so save it as myemail.kuoij or something

next thing is to stop web bugs - if you dont know what one is then google - simply though it is a way of spammers checking if email is actibve

just set your Email client to fwd anything not from a name on your client list to another account and open email there - that way if it does have a webbug it will find the bug but not your real email addy

v_Ln