Blast from the Past

Thread: Blast from the Past

Huson Mt.

Blast from the Past

[pong]Commodore: It's Baaaaaaaaack![/pong]

Comdex may be gone, but here's a strange bit of good news: Commodore is back from the dead.
    This all feels like it's part of a retro-tech trend that encompasses everything from the return of Leisure Suit Larry to Nintendo's new old-school Gameboy to the use of famous brand names like Motorola and Polaroid on products such as HDTV sets and DVD burners. Can a new TRS-80 be far behind?
    The full artical here.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Damn i didn't see this happening, i carn't wait for it to be released over here in Aus, i'm gonna defiantly get myself one of those...

Beverwijk Netherlands
    Tulip Sucks IMHO.. is a dutch company wich bought the name and fame of commodore..
    Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Commodore is back, this time with its an MP3 player. Dubbed the e-Vic, it's named after the old Vic-20 games machine. The connection: the e-Vic has a 20GB hard drive.

Fans of CBM's business machines needn't feel left out: the Pet brand is to be reborn too, in the form of the m-Pet, a series of Flash-based MP3 players, and the f-Pet, a set of USB Flash drives.

But back to the e-Vic. The player features MP3, WMA and WAV support, and sports a 128 x 64 pixel blue-backlit display. There's a sufficiently large RAM buffer to provide 28 minutes of no-skip audio, which can be tweaked through the built-in five EQ pre-sets or a user-defined EQ setting. In addition to playback, the unit will record voice memos and encode audio straight to MP3.

The player hooks up to a host PC as a USB Mass Storage device, ensuring compatibility with Mac and Linux as well as Windows. However, you'll need software capable of generating .m3u format playlists if you're to make the most of this cross-platform support.
    This has nothing t do with the Commodore we know and love..

They are changeing for the better..
    Later this year the C64 Direct-to-TV should be launched..
    Wich is a product I am looking forward to..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

United Kingdom: Bridlington
    Hi, the_JinX,

Tulip have been around a long time...............I have a 486/DX2 with a 33MHz FSB running DOS 4.1...........It has 16Mb of RAM (that is the maximum that DOS will understand) and a 242Mb HDD...........quite a pokey little machine in its day?

My point is that as they are an old company, they are probably better able to take on the Commodore name than newer businesses..............after all it is going to be a niche market?

just my thoughts