Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obvious e-mail virus/stalker

Obvious e-mail virus/stalker

You would not believe the e-mail I just recieved. It is just so obvious....here, just read the subject. If anyone wants me to forward it to them so you can see, just PM me your e-mail or something. Oh, and how would I forward this to Symantec?

DEAR, SIR

I KNOW THIS WILL COME TO YOU AS A SURPRISE BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW ME .I AM MR
    JOHN SMITH, I WORK IN THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA ,PACKAGING AND COURIER
    DEPARTMENT..

I GOT YOUR CONTACT IN MY SEARCH FOR A HONEST PERSON THROUGH ONE OF MY COLLEAGUES
    HERE IN THE CENTRAL BANK WHO SAID THAT I CAN CONFIDE IN YOU .I WANT YOU TO HELP
    ME CLEAR THIS PACKAGE THAT IS ALREADY IN AMERICA WHICH I SHIPPED THROUGH OUR CBN
    ACCREDITED COURIER AGENT BUT THE CONTENTS OF THE PACKAGE IS $18,000,000.00 ALL
    IN $100.00 BILLS, BUT THE COURIER COMPANY DOES NOT KNOW THAT IT IS MONEY THAT I
    HAVE IN THE PACKAGE .ALL I WANT YOU TO DO FOR ME NOW IS THIS GIVE ME-

YOUR MAILING ADDRESS ,

YOUR PRIVATE PHONE AND FAX

AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE DETAILS OF SECURITY COMPANY.AND I HOPE THAT AT THE END
    OF THE DAY , YOU WILL HAVE 30% AND 70% WILL BE FOR ME .

MY IDENTITY MUST NOT BE REVEALED TO ANYBODY . IF THIS ARRANGEMENT IS OKAY BY YOU
    , YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT;JUSTICEJOHN50@LIBRO.IT OTHER MODALITIES WILL BE DISCUSSED
    AS SOON AS YOU GET BACK TO ME INCLUDING SENDING OF THE KEYS TO THE BOXES TO YOU

YOURS FAITHFULLY ,

MR JOHN SMITH
    Don\'t mistake lack of talent for genius.

I love these!! I get these too from time to time, and it AMAZES me to no end that there's actually someone out there who will fall for this. Just when I start to forget how stupid the average person is, this comes along to remind me. I've responded to them with all sorts of crazy stuff from time to time. Of course, they always come back undeliverable, but there's some sort of theraputic kick I get out of attempting to do so nonetheless.

The Recidivist
    eRm......this is not a virus. Unless something was attached to it? I have about 120+ variations of this same e-mail everyday. Its just scam in which they tell you you will be entitled to some percentage of this great fund that was either left behind by some dead ancestor/buisness partner that they can get but they need help from only you because some trusting blah blah person, unkown to you btw, knows that you are the trustworthy person u are (read chump).

At some point they will tell u that they need a little money to release the rest of the money and when u send, good bye money.

The sad part is that people still fall for these.

MsMittens, I think, has a thread on here somewhere that has a site in which the guy who recieved an eMail much like that actually scammed the guy who sent it. Good laugh.

All in all, file right next to Penis Enlargement eMails, in da trash!
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

I just now thought about it, but even the NAME sounds bogus. "John Smith"? Damn....Couldn't the scam artist at least picked a more non-descript name? Isn't John Smith been used for every damn lie and con this country has seen? lol

Oh, I forgot, an online friend checked the headers, and the e-mail came from an Italian address. lol. Nigerian eh?
    Don\'t mistake lack of talent for genius.

Hi all,

These are known as Nigerian 419 Scams. Nigerian, because they first originated in Nigeria, and 419 because that is the element of the Nigerian penal code that forbids this type of activity.

I've seen a few variations from Eastern Europe and one entertaining one that came from a supposed aid worker working in Iraq, who supposedly found a box of US Dollars totalling several million in a bombed out house, and would I help them launder (oops, i mean export) the money out of the country. Quite an entertaining read, actually :-)

Advice to all is DO NOT REPLY TO THEM, EVER. Just delete them. In the UK the police used to request copies of them from the public so they could liase with Interpol and trace them back to source, but they're no longer interested in that.

Further details can be found at http://www.met.police.uk/fraudalert/419.htm

Cheers,
    Alan Mott

Regal Making Handler
    Alanmot has your answere pinned down. Take heed.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Wasn't there just recently a post on AO about how there is a company that tries to take these scam artist down by scamming them? I could have sworn it was on here I will continue searching.

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

I know someone who communicated with one of these individuals and was sent a check for 20,000.00. It was a certified check from Nigeria and when the Bank of America called the Nigerian Bank, they stated having no knowledge of such account.

The letter w/ the check said please cash and send 5,000.00 back to me.

T3h Ch3F

Bah!

I just subscribed them to the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes, they will already have been pre-selected, as a definate finalist by now, for the big 10,000,000. prize.

But more important are the side benefits, they have subcriptions to numerous crass, useless magazines.

I really can't wait for the footage of Dick Clarks but buddy to bring them the Giant Check, full of bullet holes.

Yes I am being Sarchastic.................. Anyone who would fall for this crap, should also subscribe to Modern Living, and Metrosexual Magazine.

Just my usual random thoughts.
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

T3h Ch3F
    Originally posted here by Cpt. Commander
    I just now thought about it, but even the NAME sounds bogus. "John Smith"? Damn....Couldn't the scam artist at least picked a more non-descript name? Isn't John Smith been used for every damn lie and con this country has seen? lol

Oh, I forgot, an online friend checked the headers, and the e-mail came from an Italian address. lol. Nigerian eh?

No offence but the general idea at AO, is to actually "Think" about things before you post, next time don't add another post saying that you just "Thought" about it. Use the Edit feature, or in this case the "Remove Post" command.

Trust me it will save you not only face, but future consideration of your topics.

Good Luck.
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.