packet injecting
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: packet injecting

packet injecting

Hi people, this is my first post on the list, im not an expert, im only a newbie.You will have to excuse me about my english that i know its really bad.
    Im trining to make some hacking on my local network only for testing, my idea is the following:
    A man in the middle attack, with arp spoofing to sniff packetes between a host and a router or something, me in other machine in the middle of that traffic.
    Ok, now host A send packets to the router, i can see the packets with a program like arp-fun, arp tool, packit or any other program for that.
    Now i want to get the packets sending from host A to the router, modify them, and inject in the router, for example:
    -Hosta A send a htttp request to go to www.hotmail.com
    -I intercept the packet and send the router a request to www.sex.com
    -Host A see www.sex.com
    I dont have any programming skill so i will have to look for a program to make that, im asked to some people and one person recommend me NetRawIP.
    I dont know any perl but i could learn if someone assures to me that the answer is on that program, if that is the answer please get me some ideas or something.
    If any person knwon another programa for do this please let me know.
    Well, thanx for everithing and bytes.

neuromante

Hi, and welcome to AO

You seem to have "double posted" so perhaps you would like to delete one (edit, then select the delete option)

Your question is a little "sensitive" for this site, as it is how to write adware/spyware?

I realise that your English is limited, but is certainly far less limited than my knowledge of your language

I would ask fellow members to treat your enquiry with a little sympathy.........if you were a bad person, and knew so little, you would be so far behind, that it would not matter?

Unfortunately, I do not know the answer to your question...........

Good luck

well, if your plugged into the hub and can sniff the traffic quite easily,
    you can check out dnshijacker from packetstorm. it does exactly what your looking for, if your plugged into a hub. it may not work since your plugged into a router, as it tries to sniff the packets itself, without the help of arp. but since it comes as source, you should be able to get a firm start on a good coding project
    http://packetstormsecurity.org/UNIX/...ijacker.tar.gz

Regal Making Handler
    I would ask fellow members to treat your enquiry with a little sympathy
    I was prepared to do that, untill i clicked the www,sex.com link.

POP UPS AND HARD CORE.

If you want help, with your interest. Please explane how this knowledge will benifit you.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Ok, im going to explain.
    I work for a local magazine about security and hacking in linux(in spanish, im form Uruguay), the magazine its for newbies, im myself a newbie and we dont have money so we (2 persons) are trying to investigate for ourselves to make cool articles for a little group of computer freaks in my conutry.
    I want to write an article about that but before i want to make it on my network to see this working.
    Thanx for the helping answers and the people who like to help

Besides the purpose of doing that, i think you are faaaaaaaaar away to get there.
    You must learn a lot about programming AND network before even think about do that kind of trick.
    Just for start, you can learn a programming language, such as Perl, Python or Pascal.
    With their features (in special python/pascal) you can do a lot of networking crafting.
    After that, you can seek out for tools or just learn C++.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Thank you for your tolerance folks................I just felt that this was a genuine enquiry? Which I still believe.......

Sorry jinxy.............I never thought to look..........just thought it was a "for example"........it just seemed a bit too "obvious" to be real?.............hey don't get old like me mate..............it does your brain in

Hola neuromante............como esta usted?

a Dios

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    for a little group of computer freaks in my conutry
    Last I looked that "little group" was quite a healthy "skiddie club".......

Cacasopo is right. What you are attempting seems to me to be a little advanced for both yourself and your intended audience. Why not start by learning and then teching how the network works and why. Then you can move on to other things.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

To the over paranoid mind your request translated into:

Dear 1337 people at antionline. I am a student in a computer lab that wants to know how to make it so when the person across from me tries going to www.hotmail.com he actualy ends up and www.sex.com. Then I can laugh and all my script kiddie friends will think Im 1337 like you guys.

But this type of alteration is a bit advanced, and companies pay big bucks to those who have the ability to do this. It is called the adware industrie. Learn the programming, if nothing else it is just good to know. But please, if you are successful with this project do us all a favor and dont write a tutorial about it. We dont need a thouand more skiddies out there that can now make adware.

from a learning perspective I wish you the best of luck in your quest for knowledge, but as a person sick of adware and the retards that make it, I hope you just decided to do a different experiment.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    so when the person across from me tries going to www.hotmail.com he actualy ends up and www.sex.com
    I want some of those big bucks!!!!! Now!!!!!!

Edit the hosts file on the target machine or place a fixed entry in the DNS of the appropriate server.

Bucks please....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides