Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Network Antivirus

I've always enjoyed Norton, but I sent off for a trial CD of Tend Micro server AV I just need a better way to protect the comapnys network than having to install AV on every PC.
    =

Originally posted here by cheyenne1212
    I'll definitely look into those links.

Anyone Ever used Norton Enterprise or Small Business?

Thansk for the replies.
    I setup the Norton's corporate edition AV at my workplace. It seems to work well in catching viruses both realtime and weekend scans. Although, it is a major resource hog. Multi-tasking and network traffic are reasonably consumed by its functions.

On the plus side, it is easy to configure and requires low maintenance.
    ][ neta1o ][

Originally posted here by cheyenne1212
    I'll definitely look into those links.

Anyone Ever used Norton Enterprise or Small Business?

Thansk for the replies.
    Thats what I use. Norton Corp. It works well. Control it from one console and def. deployment is a piece of cake. I update daily automatically... and sometimes more than once a day depending on how bad things are on the web.

I've never had any huge outbreaks. Just minor stuff it finds in temp internet files, or an occasional virus that slipped through the mail server filters.

I've been using it 2+ years...

I can't say anything about any of the other products mentioned... I've never used them.
    Well.. not as a corp based solution.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Yeah I just need something sitting on these file servers. We have about 20,000 files on these servers. As far as CPU usage, we're using 2.4 ghz Xeons and 1 GB ram with SCSI drives. The only things the servers are used for are file servers, so I'm not to concerned about the CPU usage. I just need something that will do the the job.

I'll give trend micro a shot and see if I can get a demo fo Nort Corp. Edition.
    =

Originally posted here by AngelicKnight
    Well, I use CA eTrust Antivirus, but I'm not a fan of it. It's caught viruses/worms/trojans well, but troubleshooting is heck.
    I agree with you, we have had the same problem.