For those who use VNC or the earlier RC builds of UltraVNC, I'd highly recommend going to: http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net and grab the RC18 build of UltraVNC. Not only is it *much* more stable, but it now supports a number of different auth methods including AD. It's also a hell of a lot faster than earlier builds. One thing that it lacked for both management and file transfers was encryption. Not anymore. It now has encryption capabilities. For those of you who know me, I wont plug an app unless I have gone through it and it stands up relatively well. Thus far, this build has done very well in my lab and I would actually begin deploying it (after a few bug fixes are made that were discovered).

Here is a list of features (taken directly from the site)...

* File Transfer with intuitive Graphical User Interface
* Optional Video Driver for high speed and low CPU (W2000/XP/2003), Ddi hooking (Win 9.x)
* NT Domain and Active Directory based security

* High speed and performances over LAN connections.
* Very good responsivness over slow connections (cable, modem)
* Embedded Client/Server Text Chat

* Optional Data Stream Enrcryption Plugin
* Viewer with Auto Configuration, Quick Options and Auto Scaling

* Standard Win32 Viewer and JavaViewer connections over TCP/IP
* Supported Operating Systems: Win9x/NT4/Win2000/XP/2003
* Viewer Toolbar and Hot keys

* View Modes: Full-Screen, Scaled and Windowed
* Viewer Status Window
* Dynamic Single Window/Full Desktop view switching
* Backward Compatible with others VNC flavors.
* Support for 32/24/16/8 bits colors
* Server's Desktop dynamic resolution switching
* Server Screen Blanking/mouse locking from viewer side
* Bandwidth Saving technologies : Bitmap Cache management, server screen scaling
* Possibility to send Ctrl-Alt-Del to the remote server

PLEASE NOTE: If you are on the RC11B build of UltraVNC, **DO NOT** upgrade. You must uninstall the old build before installing the new. BAAAAAAD things happen when you upgrade (I reported the bug already).

As always, this is free software. Hope this helps out.

--TH13