Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: needed advice from experts

Simple solution......buy your own computer and put the same limitations on it that are on the one at work.

Hack the hell out of it, and then reinstall your OS's 5-6 times because you messed it up so badly, and you will start to understand why the limitations were there in the first place.

Once you can hack your own computer very well, you will probably have out grown your skiddie tendencies.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Hrmm, you should be fired from your job. I hope your superior's realize that you want to do these act's and then fire you. Sorry pal.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Don't throw stones in glass houses

You also shouldn't walk around naked in a glass house.

Well, getting to the point. The most important reason you shouldn't play around with a work computer like that is simple. It ain't yours. This fact alone makes it just plain wrong to mess with it. Losing your job as a result is just the icing on the cake.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

The simplest way and the most effective way i've found to hack a computer is to...

Grab a Hammer and start hacking at it, you'll soon get a sore arm, or tired, then you'll really understand and know what it feels like to hack something..

cheers
    front2back:.

kingkill -

I would first like to welcome you to AO. I have seen you have been getting alittle flaming on this thread. So let me give you a few hints:

1. Don't ask questions like "how do I hack my system?" or "how can I hack my buddies e-mail account?"
    2. Also please give up on any social engineering attempts you may try to make.
    3. Most of the people here on this bored are interested in building security (Network Admins) to keep people contained (people like you). So when you ask
    to control this "machine"
    people will not react nicely (as you can see).

So I would say go read the newbie threads and the sticky threads at the top of each forum and make sure you know what is going on here.

Here we secure systems not break them(however the fun part is breaking them to see if they are secure).

Otherwise have a blast at AO.

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

Grab a Hammer and start hacking at it, you'll soon get a sore arm, or tired, then you'll really understand and know what it feels like to hack something..

My GF hacked my network that way....

BANNED
    And she's still your GF?
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Yeah. Long story.