Thread: WindowsUpdate V5 - No Update With Legal Key?

AO French Antique News Whore

WindowsUpdate V5 - No Update With Legal Key?

WindowsUpdate V5 will not allow pirate key of Windows XP to update their machine!

For all of you who cannot read french, it's written "Impossible to verifed your product key"
    -Simon \"SDK\"

I read some where this morning that despite SP2 not being out yet for XP there is already a crack for its anti piracy measures.

I have certainly heard that their are cracks for the beta release, I guess we will have to wait to see if the real version is the same. From what I heard, they were only trying to block about 20 of the most common pirate keys, and there must be dozens of keys out there.

Seems like a pretty half-hearted effort to me.

It's a good effort on microsoft's part but as always someone has found a way to get around the antipiracy method. I know that microsoft will continue to come up with new ideas to test out, and as always it will be cracked within a matter of days or weeks.

Hoopy Frood

Re: WindowsUpdate V5 - No Update With Legal Key?

Originally posted here by SDK
    WindowsUpdate V5 will not allow pirate key of Windows XP to update their machine!

For all of you who cannot read french, it's written "Impossible to verifed your product key"
    I'm happy about this, although I've heard there are ways around it. The more people that use *legal* versions of Windows the cheaper (theoretically... but then again this is Micro$oft...) they *should* get.

Regards,
    Xierox
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

Originally posted here by DeadAddict
    It's a good effort on microsoft's part but as always someone has found a way to get around the antipiracy method. I know that microsoft will continue to come up with new ideas to test out, and as always it will be cracked within a matter of days or weeks.
    Cracked by pissed off microsoft employes.

Or greedy ones who want some spending money...
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

I do not doubt that for a moment !mitationRust they are most likely the driving force behind it all. of course there isn't much microsoft can do about it.