Thread: self independent consulting firm......

self independent consulting firm......

Hello, I was wondering if any of you know of any good websites on how to start your own consulting business? I am here bored at work and doing some major/serious thinking on how to use my skills to make extra income. All your feedback and ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Oooh, good question, I've been wondering much the same thing. Better yet, any of you guys do this stuff yourselves?

i hear this book is really good.....

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

The computer services sector is one of the fastest growing employment opportunities in our economy today.
    I have friends that bring their computers over when they have problems, and I'm a pretty good Mr. Fix It. Especially where I live, there are tons of clueless home users who are a market ripe for the picking, so I'm very interested in pursuing this on the side. But I have no clue where to begin. I'd eventually like to move out of the world of being a corporate lackey and into self-employment.

I have just wrote a quick tutorial on this subject.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=259491

There you go!

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

Personally, i have found that word of mouth is the best advertising method -- business cards are good, but if you have a client who loves you because you are their computer GOD, then i have found that i get more business (sometimes, they even ask me for a small stock pile of business cards so they can help me hand them out )
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

DJ - I agree I have alot of companies that have handed out my cards for me. Word of mouth is the best way.

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

sorry i just had to point this out

self independent consulting firm......
    now an independant firm would be one that did not depend upon any others

so is a self independant firm one that dosn't depnd upon itself? so by that logic does it depend upon everyone else?

v_Ln