Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suse for FREE and more

Suse for FREE and more

Well Novell wants you to try out some of its products:

This comprehensive, resource contains all the Linux software and services you need, to be able to evaluate Novell's core Linux offerings. With over 10GB of fully-functional software, this tool will help you test and evaluate Linux products from Novell in your home test lab.

For all the details:

http://www.novell.com/community/linu...sourceid=uscin

Dude that is crazy, I JUST READ a post stating that exact same link on another board... Freaky stuff... I hope I don't die or anything..

but yea back on subject that's an awesome link and a very good marketing idea by novell.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Yea, it is a great marketing strategy. I filled out the form yesterday, and just got my comfirmation, they said it will ship in 7-10 days. Will be waiting its arrival, and then play time.

I filled it in too, and there was nothing at all about cost. Which means that if anybody has the crazy idea of charging me one cent for anything, out it goes back the way it came from.

Otherwise yeah, it's a splendind idea by Novell. they're offering some hot software for testing. ALthough unlikely with a Linux system, I hope it's not some kind of crippled-ware or anything.. that would violate the GPL IMO. Maybe just the licence would be for home use only or something...
    /\\

I wanna get eval copies of their server. (To check out the differences between the corp edition and the professional edition) I might go ahead and download them from the site.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I got mine in the mail today. I ordered it about a week or so ago. 3 DVDs of stuff.

DVD 1A:

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8

Nterprise Linux Services 1.0

GroupWise 6.5.1

Red Carpet Enterprise Server 2.02

Console One

Linux Resources

DVD 1B (Second DVD in the booklet):

SUSE Linux Professional 8.2

Ximian Desktop 2

DVD 1C (Third DVD in set):

SUSE Linux Professional 9.1

I'm looking forward to playing with this kit. Also, it will have a bit of help since the job I'm starting in a year or so with TheHorse is going to require me brishing up my skill in server systems of different types. So this is going to help. I like it already with all the toys it has. I've wanted to use Ximian for a while now, and now I can.

I signed up for it also I figured what the hell do I have to lose nothing. Now when it comes in I will have the motivation to open it and install it, and see why Gore eats breathes and lives it.

Just remember, it is a trial version, so don't make a whole opinion on it. Unless of course you like it, then you'll love the actual copy

Some may find it odd that my two favorite GNU/Linux OSs are Slackware and SUSE, one bare bones, one meaty bone. Well, that's exactly why. One system comes with enough to get you going, the other comes with enough to keep you busy.

I rarely every have to install anything when I use SUSE, as almost every peice of software is there. One thing I recommend to anyone who buys SUSE 9.1 Professional; Open Anorak if you love music. Imagine MusicMatch JukeBox, and then add good features and a better design to it, and you have Anorak. It's awesome. Comes with SUSE 9.1 Professional.

Along with about 6,000 other apps.

I'm just glad Novell didn't **** up. When I heard about them buying SUSE, the first thing I said, as some of you may remember, was "They better not **** it up". That was my reply to the thread announcing that SUSE was being bought.

And I continue to say that. If they **** up SUSE, I'll drive to the Novell HQ, and start open sourcing some heads with a sledge hammer.

I think he drinks it too.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

The way I look at things is that I don't talk trash about something that I have never tried. so I will keep a open mind while installing it and using it and then after a few days or so of toying with it I will make a choice on if I want to buy the professional version.
    That is very possible The Grunt