Thread: SecuRemote Problem

SecuRemote Problem

I have a user who is having trouble with new SecuRemote client (R56). User is trying to upgrade from 4.1 client. When trying to connect gets this...

Error: Secure Authentication API (SAA) library is not available

Any ideas what is wrong here and how to fix it?

I have found the problem and fixed it (no thanks to Checkpoint's support team). Makes me wonder why I pay Checkpoint for support.

Anyway, I thought I'd post the solution just in case anybody else cares.

In the userc.C file on the client near the bottom was a line that said:
    :auth_type (4)

Changing that 4 to a 0 fixed it.

Checkpoint support

Hi, i can't help you with your problem but i'd like to ask you abou checkpoint support service. I've here and old nokia box that is unsuportted (i don't know who installed this 3 years ago and what he/she/they did with the license stuff). Now i've to decide if we want request support to this box and update it or if it is better to buy a new one.

I don't have any experience with checkpoint people but it seems that you are not so happy with them

Do you recommend me to continue with checkpoint or change now that i've the opportunity?

Thank you.

Just Another Geek
    IMO the only thing wrong with a Nokia Checkpoint FW/1 is its pricetag
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Re: Checkpoint support

Originally posted here by DerekK
    Hi, i can't help you with your problem but i'd like to ask you abou checkpoint support service. I've here and old nokia box that is unsuportted (i don't know who installed this 3 years ago and what he/she/they did with the license stuff). Now i've to decide if we want request support to this box and update it or if it is better to buy a new one.

I don't have any experience with checkpoint people but it seems that you are not so happy with them

Do you recommend me to continue with checkpoint or change now that i've the opportunity?

Thank you.
    I have just converted a client from older PIX&Netscreens to a Nokia FW1 and have been very impressed with the FW 1 NG suite of management applications.

The application layer tools blow what the PIX offers away IMHO. Its very open ended and
    will take several varieties of syntax for blocking shemes.

I have had a few bad support apples but that happens with many products regardless of pricetag. When I find a good tech, I'll do just about anything to secure a direct number...

Old hardware might not support the newer releases of CP FW1 but if you have the budget, I can't see a reason to change.

I did always like the Netscreen stuff but have not dealt with them much since their move to Jupiter.

netscreen...

I know lot of people that say that netscreen are vey good to... but i'm still impressed, this nokia has been working for 3 years with nobody here that cares about it....

Thank you for the reply!