Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xbox Live Connections (Firewall)

Yes Doppler you are correct they are sharing the same ips.
    Signature image is too wide!
    Signature image is too tall!

Now, the way i understand it, is that x-boxes by default search for a dhcp server each time they are turned on, and it's most likely that the router also functions as a dhcp server itself. So, unless im missing something the problem doesn't have anything to do with the ip...unless it's a software issue(in this case a game) that requires each connection to have unique ip(remember that there are other things that can be, and are used in conjunction with ip to determine the correct source/destination, like ports). But if it is then i guess your only solution is,as sugested before, to get an extra ip...

Yes, the XBoxes are configured through DHCP, but the conflict lies in the fact that their separate IP's are created by the router, which has only one IP, so the "server" only has one IP for two XBoxes. The XBoxes would have to be in the DMZ and each get it's own IP from the ISP for it to work.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

well the linksys router has 6 ports and i have a Net Gear Hub connected to it. Not sure if theres a dmz connection to the router. but i do see one label on the first port but its for the router called (WMA) something like that. but umm can u give me instructions on what to look for to the DMZ connector?

Why do they *have* to be in the DMZ?

Did you check for firmware update as I posted before? Normally they have updates that will allow you extra functionality of your router... for gaming and other applications.

Do you know what ports they use?

Have you found anyone else with this problem by searching gaming forums?

How did they resolve it?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Originally posted here by GangstaDrew
    well the linksys router has 6 ports and i have a Net Gear Hub connected to it. Not sure if theres a dmz connection to the router. but i do see one label on the first port but its for the router called (WMA) something like that. but umm can u give me instructions on what to look for to the DMZ connector?
    Excuse me ???

First follow Phrish's advice and check for a firmware update.

Then, here is a reading list for you.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=&cat=&meta=&q=dmz+setup

You don't have a DMZ connector, you set up a DMZ internally, by using DHCP of your router and granting privileges to what ever you are putting in the DMZ. It is basically isolating the device from your LAN and allow direct and full access to the internet.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Here is a list of routers and the firmware that WILL work with xbox live.

Make sure your hardware is compatible. If you hardware is compatible, but your firmware is not... then upgrade it. You can find instructions on how to upgrade your firmware for your router on the manufacutrers website.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/start...aq/routers.htm
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

yeah well its not the firmware. and iv tryed the dmz hosting and it still doesnt work. i made the 2 xboxes static. and still doesnt work. my router model is in the list where it can work with xbox live. and i dont know what is the problem