Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Live Connections (Firewall)

Xbox Live Connections (Firewall)

hey guys me and my brother have xbox live. and we both keep getting disconnected. and im really not sure why. but i know its the router (linksys). what do i configure in the firewall to accept a connection so it will not disconnect us anymore?. Or if u have an answere similiar to this plzz help me
    Signature image is too wide!
    Signature image is too tall!

Put the Xbox in the DMZ and that should do it.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

moxnix!

How can you tell someone to put their xbox in the DMZ without properly securing it first?
    j/k

GangstaDrew: Like moxnix said, the DMZ will do it.

I would also visit linksys's website and make sure that you have up to date firmware too.

Sometimes they add extra features just for things like this. Last I remember, linksys had several gaming and other misc. applications that were on its default list. You just had to check off which services you were using.

I believe that there was just a tutorial written about stuff like this?
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=259471

I just skimmed it... so I might be wrong.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

well if i put the connection in the dmz will me and my brother be able to play in the same house but different rooms ?

(2 xboxes 2 Bedrooms)

You should be able to if you have a X-Box live account on both X-Boxes, I am not sure if it can be done if you only have one account on one box.

moxnix!

How can you tell someone to put their xbox in the DMZ without properly securing it first?
    j/k
    Well, I don't even have the slightest about how you would go about securing an Xbox, or if you even can.

GangstaDrew, on my D-Link router, you can only put one (1) item in the DMZ. If your router is similar,then you could not put both your brothers and yours there at the same time.....but I could be wrong about that also.
    I would follow phishphreek80 advise and
    Sometimes they add extra features just for things like this. Last I remember, linksys had several gaming and other misc. applications that were on its default list. You just had to check off which services you were using.

I believe that there was just a tutorial written about stuff like this?
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=259471
    [edit] And DeadAddict's....just seen his post and he probably knows more about Xbox than I do.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

moxnix: I was just joking... I don't think you can secure a xbox? Dunno... only m$ signed code can run on it without some major hacking... I suppose you'd have to read up on the xbox hacking sites.

Thats why I suggested checking the router firmware to make sure it was updated.
    The last linksys I updated had several gaming services that you could allow/deny.

You shouldn't have to put an xbox in the DMZ to play online. There should be settings for stuff like that. Or, you can specifiy which ports you want to use. Also, since there are two xboxes... and only one DMZ, you'll have to allow certain ports.

I don't know how xbox live works... if you need two xbox live accounts in order to have two xboxes online at the same time? I'd guess that m$ would make you have two accounts...

EDIT: Damn... I just said the same thing you did.. I guess I need to read posts more closely...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Well You can have up to eight accounts on one Xbox. If you want more than eight Xbox Live accounts on your Xbox, you will need to use a separate memory unit for each additional account. so if you have a memory unit you should be able to just copy one of the other accounts and load it on to the other X-box.

Noooo Im not talking about securing the xbox. im talking about 2 connections that interfere with eachother (causing disconnections wile gameplay) and im wanting to fix that. also we both have an account.

I'm guessing it has to do with the 2 XBoxes sharing the same IP (router's IP)....

I don't know how to fix this... Unless your ISP gives you more than one IP.

And yes you can secure an XBox.... Once you've installed Linux on it.

EDIT: Remember, an XBox is a computer, it has a 700Mhz Celeron, a DVD-Rom, and a 10gig HD. The HD is locked but there are many ways around this. The easiest way is to replace it.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.