Thread: Need help in configuring webserber to run locally

Need help in configuring webserber to run locally

Hello guys! Is there anyway to run webserver within the intranet only. I'm using apache webserver for win32 and I have a cgi guestbook installed in it. How would I run it without connection through the internet?

Hey Hey,

You have a few options. However it depends on your network setup.

Firewall port 80 to outside traffic (at the router, firewall, pc.. depending on your setup)

Setup Apache to only listen on your internal network.

We'd need a little more information on your network design in order to give you the best way of doing this.

Peace,
    HT

Well I have a machine running NT 2k3 and 5 workstations running xp. I's afraid that's all I can tell. BTW HTregz what conf file in apache should I configure?

Hey Hey,

I don't care what your machines are running, I just care about your topology. What kind of connection coming in, how many Public IP Addresses, are they static or dynamic, which machines are the attached to? Which machine will be running the server (assuming 2k3) and how is it networked in relation to the other machines... what do you have for incoming security procedures (hardware firewall, router..) These will all make a difference the best setup for your server.

As for your config files.. It depends, I haven't used Win32 Apache in a while, but if it's apache it's httpd.conf (just search for it).. if it's apache2 then you've got a series of conf files to edit, just search for httpd.conf again but follow the directory trees to the rest of the files.

Peace
    HT