Thread: Data recovery software

Data recovery software

i need help

I formated my hard drive come to find out i did not back a couple of important information tha i had stored on my hard drive so i wan to know if anyone can help me....

I just want to know if such a software was ever created i heard....

Tanx a lot for the help..... psssssssssss

Nwoent.com check it out

For most software for that kinda problem you have to pay: i"ll try and find some free ones. You should know what type of File System is on it (NTFS or FAT ....)

Stellar Phoenix FAT & NTFS - is a NON-DESTRUCTIVE and READ ONLY file & partition recovery utility that helps you in recovering your all important data lost after accidental format, virus problems, software malfunction, file/directory deletion, or even a sabotage! Stellar Phoenix-is an easy to use FAT & NTFS Partition File recovery Utility that examines your inaccessible hard drives for damages and corruptions and recovers the data back.
    http://www.stellarinfo.com/partition-recovery.htm

Restorer2000 is a powerful data recovery software that can undelete files deleted accidentally in NTFS and FAT partitions, and can even recover data from formatted or corrupted drives.
    Thats a free one ! http://www.b******.net/download.shtml

I havent tried those products out myself so i can't gurantee anything.

If you wanna search for some utilities go to www.google.com and type in "Data Recovery Tools, or Hard drive recovery tools, etc ....

tanx a lot for your information it really does work and i'm very pleased with the software and tanx a millinon i don't know how else can i tank you but tanx have a nice day week and year........

I just had to do a restore job last night.

The luser "accidentially" deleted about 15gigs of .wav files that were needed by projects he created in Sonar. (digital studio software for mixing/recording/etc)

I was able to recover *most* of it. Some of the files were corrupt... but it saved him *hrs* of work that he'd have to recreate... plus piss off the artists because they'd have to come in and record it again. Two hours of work... not too bad...

Total cost of software: $0.00
    Total cost of my time/services: (2hrs @ $100.00/hr...) = $200.00
    Total cost of dinner: $15.00

Guess he learned his lesson.

He should have been backing up to start with like I've been stressing to him for the past year.

Its pretty nice software for freeware. Doesn't tell you percentages of lost data or anything... but you can use two programs together to find out what is going to be a success and what is not.

I used: recover4all pro to find out recovery chances (shareware that just shows you the files unless you purchase.

Then I used restoration.. which I'll attach in this zip. Freeware that just recovers... doesn't give you too much data about the files or the recovery chances.

Just make sure to mount the drive as a slave and read only and to have a drive large enough to recover the data. You can't save to a disk that you're trying to restore from. I've found the one touch backup drives to be great for this. Usb connection and easy to mount. Just a bit slow... but that doesn't matter.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

If you go to SnapFile.com you can download a few file recovery programs.

I use a few different ones but as of late I have been using PC Inspector File Recovery.

Have fun.

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

I tried that PC Inspector File Recovery with no success.

It kept erroring out on me every system I've tried on.

2KPro Sp4 + all patches/updates
    XP Pro SP1a and SP2 RC2...

What system(s) have you gotten it to work on?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I tried that PC Inspector File Recovery with no success.

It kept erroring out on me every system I've tried on.

2KPro Sp4 + all patches/updates
    That is odd. I ran it on 2kpro with SP4 and all the patches and updates. It worked fine. Hmm...I am running Maxtor and Seagate HD's. Not only did it work on my HD but it also worked a Floppy a disk that was lost to stupidity.

I also ran it on an XP home comp

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.