Service Database Lock

Thread: Service Database Lock

AO French Antique News Whore

Service Database Lock

I have a WinNT 4 SP4a Fully Patched Server. I been having some problem with some service. When I want to go change the StartUp Option of a service, I get a error message : The Service Database is locked.. (See Image)

Anyone got hint?
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Have you tried something like this?

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBC/tip1000/rh1081.htm

And why havent you updated to SP6 for NT? Custom apps?
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I'm not the one who decided in the company. I'm just the technician who executes and maintain the server and workstation on a day to day to base. I have no power to force management to change (I hope they allow us before January 2005)
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Originally posted here by SDK
    I'm not the one who decided in the company. I'm just the technician who executes and maintain the server and workstation on a day to day to base. I have no power to force management to change (I hope they allow us before January 2005)
    That makes sence. Did it work for you?
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I'm gonna try it today. The problem is... Well, I'm stuck on doing test a BDC who DHCP/Print Server. That mean I cannot reboot that often.

But I cannot complain about my company, for the experience this job give me in all aspect of computer support for my age/education/prior experience, I would do anything .
    -Simon \"SDK\"

I just look at the link. It does tell me how to change the startup type of my service but I was allready able to do that with registry hacking. I also remember that I could connect from Computer Management from my Xp Machine to change those setting also. I'm gonna have to play more with that! *sigh*
    -Simon \"SDK\"