Please Help!

Thread: Please Help!

Please Help!

Ok. . . Im building a new computer and I am going to use a lot of the stuff out of my old Sony VAIO PCV-RX850. I was just curious if I will be able to use the CD-RW & DVD Drives out of my Sony in a new case. The faces of these drives are a little curved. Not flat like others. Will I be able to use them?

Also. . . Im going to use my 80GB Harddrive in the new computer also. I was just going to transfer it over and boot it up. Will this work or do I need to format it? The CD's with the OS on it are for the sony system. Im just curious if it willwork on the new setup.

The only things im using out of the Sony system are the CD/DVD Drives if possible, 80GB HardDrive, 512MB DDR DRAM, and the floppy drive, keyboard, P4 2.4 GHz Processor

Here is my new setup.

Video Card

Ultra UV Bundle

"Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Huson Mt.
    You should have no problems transfering the CD and DVD drives over to the new computer as long as it uses the same type of cableing. The same goes for the HD, but it probably won't boot-up without some bios work, or reformating and reinstallation, but I don't really know for sure.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown