automatic forwarding to search engine

Thread: automatic forwarding to search engine

automatic forwarding to search engine

hello,

i am working on Windows Xp and is struck up with a strange problem. its a kind of spyware/adware, whenever i search anything in google and click one of the results i found, it automatically goes to the get-search.cc i have tried deleting history, temp files and any start up which is doing this but i am not able to clear this. some times i get messages on my screen from messenger talking about some spyware in my system........ tried scanning from spyware remover but it was not successful. please help me out. can anyone recommend me a good and free spyware.
    cya
    Aladdin

Try,

Spybot
    Adaware
    Hijackthis( should be used properly)

Use google to search them
    Excuse me, is there an airport nearby large enough for a private jet to land?

Before anyone else says use CWS shredder, this is not a CWS infection....

Run Adaware and Spybot in safe mode.
    * Adaware
    * Spybot

If you need help running these tools, here are some helpful tutorials.
    Spybot Tutorial
    Adaware Tutorial

Here is the link for 'Hijack This!'..
    Please do not remove anything yet. You can severely damage your system, and render in unusable

Post your log here in a hidden post (so people that didn't have to read it in the first place won't whine about having to scroll past a HJT log ) and I'm sure someone will be able to help you. Unless you have something else going on that you have not mentioned, your's should be an easy infection to clean up.

i also like to user javacool's spyware blaster so that i have less of a chance of getting hit again with the older spyware....
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM