IP Blocking?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IP Blocking?

Exclamation IP Blocking?

[gloworange][pong][COLOR=deeppink]OH BOY!! i made 3 msgs already and ill clicked on something and my msg will disappear
    My Question is, im playing here in the Philippines a very popular online gaming named Ragnarok, and all of a sudden they implemented something about franchising that they will block all foreign IP's.. However, Im a local user and a lot of users are affected by this.. It is bec. they claimed we are using an international gateway.. How can that be? Is that possible? But its really a question of franchising, they said players who lives inside the Philippines and those who meet thier criteria can play.. It's too bad cause i bought too many cards just to play thier game and all of a sudden without any warning they blocked us.. We kept on asking them and telling them that we are in the Philippines and that we are local players.. but all i get is a deadend [COLOR=deeppink]
    Share on Google+

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Do a search in Google for:-

Philippines + "Proxy List"

Select a proxy that is within the Philippines and set your system to use that. Then you will appear as "local"
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides
    Share on Google+

By the way is there a way i can enter thier game and change my IP?? im using cable internet, plugged in a router and with firewall..
    Share on Google+

That's what a proxy does. I'm not familiar with your game but with some fiddling you may be able to make it work.
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides
    Share on Google+

[glowpurple][COLOR=deeppink] How can i change my IP? i can change it even if im using a
    cable internet and plugged in a router?? Pls teach me!
    Share on Google+

To change your IP you would have to call the cable company and request a new one, or on some modems un-plugging them and pluging them back in works too.
    Share on Google+

[COLOR=deeppink] Well, that's the problem I think im using a dynamic ISP, since this is a cable internet.. They usually give us an IP.. And the game im talking about traces our local server and block them too =( Can they really do that? is that legal?
    Share on Google+

Young Lady. Research proxies and implement one. Then you will have changed your IP without actually changing it. That's what a proxy is for.
    Share on Google+

Ragnarok thats a fun game...

Yes they can do that. It is a business and to protect their assets, they need to do whatever they can even if it means tracing you and whatnot. They can also ban your account even if you paid, if you're caught cheating. Follow the advice on the proxies....but I do not see why they would block foreign IPs. Are u connecting to a US server or something?
    Share on Google+

Last

Ok last.. Pls don't make me search im a nurse student and can't understand these things.. Tell me how can i access my proxy server? im using windows xp...
    Share on Google+