Microsoft Faces Angry IE Users' Questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Faces Angry IE Users' Questions

Microsoft Faces Angry IE Users' Questions

In a lively online discussion Thursday, Microsoft (Quote, Chart) engineers faced off with end users who lobbed irate questions, comments and a few tirades about its Internet Explorer browser.
    Link
    http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news...le.php/3378701
    Sorry about that it has been fixed

The link seems to have problems. Try:
    http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news...le.php/3378701
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

Thanks for the link DA.

I'll admit that I used to use IE and like it but recently have ditched it in favor of Mozilla (for work and home) AND am currently looking into replacing it for all of the I/S people at my work.

The risks are just too great NOT to look into doing this. Not to mention the seemingly LACK of effort on M$'s part to FIX IE!

Just my .00002

Yeah, I typically use Mozilla as well. I love the pop-up blocker and the customizable skin's you can choose from . And yeah, with IE having growing problem's regarding it's security, vulnerabilities, and patch update problem's (time wise, etc) then it's really not safe to run it these day's.
    Space For Rent.. =]

I hardly ever use Internet explorer the only time I use it is when someone asks for help with it of course I tell them to use mozilla or firefox but they insist staying with I.E because of google tool bar that can only be used on I.E, other then that I use mozilla on windows and firefox or mozilla with linux depends which box I am on at the time. I think microsoft should take a good hard look at the problems with ActiveX scripting, fixing that problem right there will solve some of the problems with I.E

I am a firefox guy. I like Firefox and I have been playing with slimbrowser but I am not sure if I like slimbrowser yet. My main browser is FireFox.

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

DA-

Google toolbar exists for mozilla and fox if I'm not mistaken.

Ahh yes you are correct it is here
    http://googlebar.mozdev.org/

I'm not sure what good googlebar would do in a mozilla/firefox enviroment. Since firefox/mozilla already has a popupblocker and a built in (see top right of the browser) google search bar, am I missing the elite benifits of running a second popup blocker and second google searcher?

pooh, the Mozilla/Firefox google tool bar doesn't have a popup blocker with it, just the same functionality the IE goole bar does. It has the controlable history and same search functions and buttons that the IE one does.

The one that comes with Firefox, is just a basic search box, while with the tool bar you can directly search images or news, and other functions.

In other words, its just a gaget to play with and add on your browser.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown