Windows 2000 where did you go?

Thread: Windows 2000 where did you go?

Windows 2000 where did you go?

The strangest thing happened. I got into work this morning and booted up my windows 2000 computer I spun my chair and booted up my 2003 server computer I sat for a minute got up to get a cup of coffee and sat back down I looked at the 2003 OS and logged in. I looked back over at my windows 2000 and it was stuck at the bootup screen (the screen where it says Windows 2000 Profesisonal and has the blue progress bar at the bottom) well it sat like that for like 10 min. I rebooted and still same thing. I was getting kinda annoyed because my last backup was Monday. So I Ran last Known Good Configuration...still nothing. Frustrated I reached for my Windows 2000 repair disk. Ran that and not a dang thing. Well I decided to run it one more time. I rebooted and let it sit for aobut 15 min and poof I was on. My computer is still moving as fast as ever but logging on took forever. Has anyone seen this before?

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

Did you try getting into safe mode? I have had some problems with Windows 2k doing that with patches. Did you install anything before you shut down? Usually the fix was to boot into safe mode, uninstall the patch and it went back to normal. Then I booted normally and it was fine with the patch.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I had some probs wiht XP like that once, the problem turned out to be that I had mapped some network drives that were no longer up so windows sat for a good 5 minutes trying to reconnect to these non-existant drives on the network. I know with XP you can alt tab and see if its tryin to restore network connections or not, but not sure with 2000
    =

I had some probs wiht XP like that once, the problem turned out to be that I had mapped some network drives that were no longer up so windows sat for a good 5 minutes trying to reconnect to these non-existant drives on the network. I know with XP you can alt tab and see if its tryin to restore network connections or not, but not sure with 2000
    Funny enough that happened to me the other day, as i had disconnected all but 2 Box's from my Network and i couldn't figure it out..
    Took me something like 2 hrs before i realised that the XP box was trying to re-locate the other Box's..
    But then again sometimes the answer is right in front of you, and you just don't know it until you've spent al day trying to fix it.