Shades of future pasts.

Thread: Shades of future pasts.

Shades of future pasts.

A letter from Jason Gilson, US military, before being disabled in an ambush:
    "I really miss being in the states. Some of the American public have no idea how much freedom costs and who the people are that pay that awful price. I think sometimes people just see us as nameless and faceless and not really as humans. ... A good portion of us are actually scared that when we come home, for those of us who make it back, that there will be protesters waiting for us and that is scary."
    On the Fourth, Jason faced his worst fear.
    It was such a public humiliation -- home front insult after battlefield injury.
    Walking the parade route with his mom, younger siblings and politically conservative friends, Jason heard words from the crowd that felt like a thousand daggers to the heart.
    "Baby killer!"
    "Murderer!"
    "Boooo!"
    This isn’t a scene from Viet Nam times, although it could be. This event occurred july 4, 2004 at Bainbridge Island (Seattle) Wasington. It’s happening today.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/jamies..._robert09.html
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I am afraid that if that chit were to start up again, I would turn terrorist. How about a stink bomb, right in the middle of the protesters. Or water ballon bombs from near by buildings. Could release a couple of angry skunks in the middle of their protest.

I had to go through that krepe when I came back from Nam, and it sure doesn't feel good. And then people wonder why there were so many Viet Nam vets that went nutzoid and took out a lot of people.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Really this type of crap makes me want to go with monix on this one. I for one am against the reasons for the war, but it doesnt mean I dont support our troops. I support them eventually coming home in something other than a bodybag and being respected for what they did. These kind of people make protestors look bad. Yeah, they are exersizing their freedom of speech, but in very poor taste.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Originally posted here by moxnix
    I am afraid that if that chit were to start up again, I would turn terrorist. How about a stink bomb, right in the middle of the protesters. Or water ballon bombs from near by buildings. Could release a couple of angry skunks in the middle of their protest.
    how about a slap up side the head?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

how about a slap up side the head?
    Not in the Seattle area....they are sue crazy up here and I would be paying for someones dental work for life.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Originally posted here by moxnix
    Not in the Seattle area....they are sue crazy up here and I would be paying for someones dental work for life.
    Awww cumon Monix. Suing people is the American way! If you dont have any cash get yourself beat up / assaulted by someone rich and sue!
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)