BlockBusters VS. DVD Pirates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BlockBusters VS. DVD Pirates

Question BlockBusters VS. DVD Pirates

This is just my personal experieance. You can agree or disagree....doesn't matter. I'm just looking for for you opinion.
    I've been a member of BlockBuster for 5 years. In those 5 years I've rented over 600 videos.
    I rent on average 2 or 3 a week or more. I work 2nd shift and my wife works 1st shift so I often rented movies on my way home from work and watched them at night and left them for my wife to watch on her own but she didn't watch them because she didn't have time in the 2 days that I had to have them back or get a late fee....I had LOT"S OF LATE FEES!!!!
    So I bought a DVD burner......sue me...
    With DVD X COPY and NERO I could rent a movie for $4.23 watch it and burn it and my wife could watch it agian any time she wanted. Before I knew it I had a library of over 50 dvd's.
    I thought this was great!!!

BlockBuster has come out with a new program in my area, I don't know if everyone has this deal yet or not.....here it is....
    For $29.00 a month I can have unlimited rentals....NO LATE FEES!!.. I can have 2 movies at a time for as long as I want....take them back get 2 more..ANYTIME!!!
    I Jumped at this deal because I was spending more then this a moth anyway.

Well, now I don't pirate dvd's anymore....what's the point? If I see a movie and take it back and my wife wants to see it later she can go get it and it doesn't cost anything.

Was this BlockBusters way of trying to cut back on dvd pirates?
    Am I just the exception?
    I know that there are many reasons for dvd copy's...."rent a movie, copy it, sell it$$$"....etc.
    Is this deal available anywhere else, or just here?

What's your opinion?
    You can\'t squeeze cheese from a goat before it\'s hatched.............

Yeah the local BlockBuster near me have a deal similar to the one your getting.
    And there also trying to use DVD disc that won't work any more if you copy them..
    And there introducing a DVD disk that will not work after 24 hrs, so you pay $24 dollars for a movie, you watch it and after 24hrs the disk will cease to work anymore, it's a way for them to stamp out the piraters i guess, as there the kind of deals that you'd be stupid to knock back..
    cheers
    f2b:.

How can that be effective? I'll simply pop in my DVD2SVCD and do the job, or copy the disc, then view the copy and take back the original. The average person doesn't bother trying to make illegal copies, while those that are prone to doing so will find a way to bypass most security devices pretty quick.

Why would somebody possibly pay $24 for a movie? What kind of a BlockBuster is that???

[edit]
    Or if it's pirated software that you are talking about... why would anybody pay that much? I know a place that sells illegal DVDs for 2 or 3 bucks [I think, never visited myself but a friend went].
    [/edit]
    /\\

BANNED
    Why would somebody possibly pay $24 for a movie? What kind of a BlockBuster is that???
    No. For $25 a month you get unlimited rental. After you pay your $25 monthly fee you just pick out 2 movies at no additional charge. Watch them then bring them back that day if you want and get 2 more movies. If you rented 2 movies a day for a month it would work out to about 180-200 dollars a month so its a pretty good deal. Here you get unlimited video games for 3months for $45
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Originally posted here by muert0
    Here you get unlimited video games for 3months for $45
    I don't think that's quite as good of a deal because video games usually take awhile to finish. If you had unlimited time to kill it might be worth it but for the average busy person - who has time for more than 1-2 video games in 3 months?

BANNED
    When I'm playing video games I go through 1 about every month. When I'm done with them they just sit there collecting dust. So, I don't think $15 a month isn't too bad.

is was supposed to be isn't
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

couldn't you just play the game, return it after a month then rent it again?
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

thats why blockbuster has a deal where for $20 a month, you get unlimited rentals and no late fees. You can rent up to 2 movies at a time, and when you return those two movies, u can get 2 more....and u never pay late fees.

Cybr1d:
    Here you get unlimited video games for 3months for $45
    Meaning for video games he can only have them for 3 months
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Flash M0nkey
    You can get online ones as well

there is one in the UK - can't remember addy but if i come across it again will post

you pay like 15 a month and you can rent three dvds at once....you set up your list online of the dvds you want - they post you the first 3 form your list - keep them as long as you want - pop them in the supplied return envelope

once they recieve one back they send you the next on the list and so on

but then again if you ahve a fast connection and bit-torrent/ares/k++/IRC etc and some time most people will choose to pay 0 over 15

but to ensure proper DVD quality movies rather than wondering if the file thats just taken you 2hrs to download is even goin to be the right movie I dont think 15 is too much to ask

v_Ln