Adjust monitor via software

Thread: Adjust monitor via software

Antionline Herpetologist

Question Adjust monitor via software

As unlike as it is of me to start a non-security related thread, I'm at my wits' end here. For some odd reason best known to my monitor, the picture on my monitor has moved about half an inch to the right and an inch downwards. While I should be able to adjust this using my monitor's horizontal/vertical positioning, the buttons on the front panel are not working. So, my question is, do any of you know of a software that can do the same thing as the buttons on the monitor or do I have to pay to get the damn thing serviced? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Not being able to see the scrollbars is extremely irritating!!!!
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog:

Did you try going into the display properties and click on settings then click on the advanced tab near the bottom of the dialog box and see if your video card has the option to adjust the screen that way. Some Nvidia Geforce4 cards have that option.

or you could try changing the screen resolution as a temporary fix. or it may one day go back to the way it was in the first place.