broken ads (w00t)

Thread: broken ads (w00t)

Flash M0nkey

Thumbs up broken ads (w00t)

hrm anyone else gettin this? seems to have stopped now but for a second looked like there was problems with wherever is serving their ads

the ad was replaced with this :::
    var _nRequiredVersion = 5; var flash2Installed = false; var flash3Installed = false; var flash4Installed = false; var flash5Installed = false; var flash6Installed = false; var flash7Installed = false; var _nMaxVersion = 7; var _nActualVersion = 0; var _bIsRightVersion = false; var isIE = (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("MSIE") != -1) ? true : false; var isWin = (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Windows") != -1) ? true : false; if(isIE && isWin){ document.writeln(''); document.writeln('on error resume next'); document.writeln('flash2Installed = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.2")))'); document.writeln('flash3Installed = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.3")))'); document.writeln('flash4Installed = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.4")))'); document.writeln('flash5Installed = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.5")))'); document.writeln
    see screen shot for a better idea of what am talking about

v_Ln

AntiOnline n00b
    hi

I have got that many times.........Refresh the page and it will be okay...a glitch mabe in Intrppreting the page ..Or the the connection lost before the whole page is fully loded.....Damm those Ad-Servers are never down...

I have editied my Hosts File so i don't seethe Ads and don't you make me edit it again to see if the Advertisment is Okay....

--Good Luck--

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I never see ads.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    I never see ads.
    Me either, Proxomitron is absolutely great.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Flash M0nkey
    I never see ads
    I dont normally but i just got new PC and aint set it up to block them yet

v_Ln

That message used to appear for me if I clicked a link before the page had fully loaded (i.e. before the Flash ad was displayed) - I presume it's some JavaScript intended to check whether Flash is installed and if so which version.

Strangely enough though, I haven't seen any of the square flash ads for a while now, they seem to have disappeared off the front page and the topic pages (I noticed it more on the forums because there's a huge white square space there now in the top-right corner). I'm not bothered about this, to be honest I got sick and tired of seeing the same ads over and over again anyway, but is it down to an as yet unannouced site benefit? I don't block any ads (other than pop-ups/unders) and I only deny cookies from google.co.uk and advertising.com.

Edit: Damn! They seem to have re-appeared again now. Next time I'm not saying anything.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I don't see any ad's..?
    Space For Rent.. =]

Ad's? What Ad's?
    That's right since installing that Ad Blocker i now don't have to worry about going blind from all the bright colours flashing onto my eyes..
    The only Ad's i like to see are the one's on Television