Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Microsoft says abandon IE6

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    I got away from using IE majorly three years ago when I got into Opera. At work now, I use Firefox. IE doesn't do anything except windows update. No shortcuts, nothing... I manually do 'iexplore' in the run line.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

I think some of you guys are making a big deal out of this or maybe i do not have enough info on the subject to understand the risks bond to using IE or any other m$ product.if you are concerned about security you should already know that exploits and vulnerabilities are things you have to think about everytime you connect to the wild wild west no matter what software or os you use, if you feel uncomfortable about using IE go ahead start using podzilla,bodzilla,fireass,.... it dose not make much of a difference yeah it is true you are going to think of your new toy to be the best around and the safest but who are you kidding no news is not good news if you don't hear about exploits/vulnerabilities for some software it dose not mean it is safe ! in addition most IE (or any other browser) exploits require the victim visiting a specially crafted html page , if you are stupid enough to surf unsafe web pages while you have imp info on your system you deserve to lose it all , sorry but this is how things work online.
    if you want to surf the web with no fear get your self another HDD , i bought a 20G HDD last mounth and it only cost me 10$ , now i can surf the web without thinking what might happen to my system when using any software/os for connecting to the net.

M$ suck$ =just to show i am not proM$

i really like the option with firefox to open links in new tabs so it stays in the one browser but you just click on the different tabs at the top .. .love it ...

not that that has anything to do with security but ahh well ....

Originally posted here by black_death
    in addition most IE (or any other browser) exploits require the victim visiting a specially crafted html page , if you are stupid enough to surf unsafe web pages while you have imp info on your system you deserve to lose it all , sorry but this is how things work online.
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ob.trojan.html

Check that out. Any reputable server infected with scob gets malicious script appended to its pages. IE vulns no longer depend on malicious IE script crafted in a HTML page intentionally. Infections like this effect any vulnerable IIS server.

Banned
    Firefox is good, i use it now. And I highly doubt hackers will hurt it for hackers write it.

Banned
    i forgot to ask that since firefox is open source, id think theyd already be focusing on it right?