Thread: Can a Spyware be a good program?

Question Can a Spyware be a good program?

I've always wondered if a spyware can be good.... you might have the answer

It depends on your point of view.

Gates seems to think Windows is good....
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Yeah...

How about spyware that logs your internet activity and reports you to the authorities?
    To me, its a privacy issue. To the chief of police, its a bigger bonus check at xmas?
    It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Spyware could be good if you were trying to get your enemy's credit card information. Plant a keylogger of some sort on his computer and presto.

Of course, we don't condone illegal activities here on AntiOnline. And that might be pushing it.

yea mostly what other ppl say...its in the eye of the beholder but these are the views that i see

companies: "hey bob what we get from our programs today"
    "well sir...this coustomer loves to look for cars and plants....maby we should put his IP address in our car and plant databases..."
    "nice work bob"
    "sir...dont you think this is a little bit wrong...hiding the agreements in the end user licensesn agreement...no one reads thoes things....nither do i..and im the admin of this section"
    "well we dont always meet thoes people on the street so im not that concerned about it...."

People: "god how do they know that i like cars.......wtf....their is a car with plants in the back seat.....how the....meh o well"

computer intilligent ppl: "god dang this stuff wont go away....NO I DONT WANT YOU GATOR BACK OFF.......you cant look at your own credit card report with out them knowing.......all i want is to view my stuff in priviacy"

basicaly....its good for companies because they get info about your habits that you may not want ppl to know...and then they can shape ads towards you.....

misc ppl who just check their mail and view ebay and stuff dont really notice that they have spyware unless they do alittle checking into the fact that the car they saw on ebay is now always at the banner on your email acount....

now computer ppl....they know that their being watched and its kinda scary to have a major copr breathing down your neck watching what u do online LEGALY....now keep in mind some , if not most spyware isnt very dangerous.....yet their is spyware that add annoying monkeys, search bars, and pop ups BEFORE U GET ONLINE....and gator is a really bad one for it.....i dont think so much now....govt finaly steped in.....and some spyware rerouts your pages....hijack your brower's homepage and etc...

and like soda said...spyware can be horriable

to me...spyware is leagelized phone taps on your computer...but they rush you through the warrent signing......

spyware is downright low....

T3h Ch3F

Re: Can a Spyware be a good program?

Originally posted here by 5h4v0
    I've always wondered if a spyware can be good.... you might have the answer

You ppl. are such suckers.

Read the question, really read it...................................

Bro GOOGLE

-Milk
    -Cookies
    -Sleep

2nd Grade repeated over and Over, for eternity......................................

" Location: In a House "

That location seems very familiar......................... Whatever.
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

T3h Ch3F

We_Want_Anarchy []
    AntiOnline Newbie

Security Tutorials Written: 0
    Other Tutorials Written: 0

Wow what an amazing amount of time you wasted, trying so hard to type badly for your first post.

Do me personally (as i speak for only myself) a favor by setting your Box in the street, and shutting the **** up.
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

**** you galdron
    i was so drunk last night...fun party

but face it spy ware sucks
    and this isnt the first time ive been on AO...but what a welcomed greeting....
    what what the hell does dulie or whatever mean......

honestly i dont really care....if you get me banned il just get anther name and come back....
    put my box in the street...how childish can you be......this place is suposed to be for civilized convo about security and the like.....not the **** you pull over one ****ing post.....

AO != civilized conversations

but we try