Thread: i tried to google this with no luck? (local

i tried to google this with no luck? (local

my firewall is showing something weird..and i tried to google the answer..i found nothing

is there a port 14575?
    heres the situation...im being bombarded by something in port 14575..i think its bogging my comp.
    but heres the problem...the remote hosts keep changing so i cant set up any special rules to block a specific ip number.....
    anyone know anything about this port?
    my firewall is blocking these packets but the occurances are astounding....up to and over 100 occurences to that specific port
    from several hosts
    as said before i tried to search for the answer online..and had no luck..people here seem to have been alot of help in the past..please dont laugh it may seem like a stupid question..but any help would be appreciated...this has been going on for a few weeks but i have yet to take it seriously since it shows that my firewall was blocking these packets...if anyone can lend a hand i would appreciate it
    im running windows xp home
    if you need anymore info i will be glad to help where i can..or if you have a helpfull link i will do some research on the subject at hand.
    thank you in advance.

cyber

Port 14938-14999 Unassigned from http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers

You might want to check some of the antivirus companys web site and see if any of the known worms and virus are using that port for a call back or something.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

hey thanks alot for the info

wow a virus huh?
    sounds like i might have made somebody mad
    thx again for replying so fast

Hoopy Frood
    I'll give it my best shot. You may try updating and running a full system anti-virus scan. Also, try running Ad-Aware(www.lavasoftusa.com), and Spybot: Search and Destroy (www.download.com). Perhaps a Virus or some piece of Spyware is giving some server your IP and it's trying to send you something or scan your computer for something? It'd be my best guess if it's been going on for several weeks because your IP changes every time you go online. (I'm assuming you have a dymamic IP, most do, you didn't mention in your post that I saw.) Anyways, try those, and let us know the results! Good luck.

Regards,
    Xierox
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

Hoopy Frood
    Originally posted here by CYB3RJ3DI
    sounds like i might have made somebody mad
    Possible, although I'd say unlikely. 95% of viruii are coded to spread themselves through e-mail and various means. Opened any attachments from unknown people just before the problem started? If it's not a virus, but Spyware, you can get that from just browsing the Internet, websites, and installing *some* free programs. You get it worst when browsing with Internet Explorer, generally. Since I've began using Mozilla I now get 90% less Spyware.
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

ive often used the trojan libary here, I hate blackcode with a passion but there network tools and trojan libary are quite useful,

http://www.blackcode.com/trojans/

it allows you to find information about trojans either by searching for port number of listing them in a alphabetical order, you want to look by port number.

the game Battlefield by electronic-arts appears to run on that port, also when i searched google i found something about blaster and how its activity is blocked on port 135 and it was modifyed to run on the port you suggest, however iver never heard of this so can say i believe its authecitiy.

i2c