possible virus

Thread: possible virus

possible virus

Friends,
    A process under the procces tab is known as unhfe . I looked this up and couldn't find anything on it, except for a possible mail virus. The computer that has this on it is running windows 98 and is very messed up, if you have any info on whether or not this could be the problem and how to fix it please post

Try use one (or all) of these free online scans. Let them fix everything they find.

* PandaSoft
    * TrendMicro
    * Symantec

umm, sorry guys i forgot to mention the computer with this process internet dosn't work or i would have tried the online virus scans. Thanks for the post though

Then download Antivir or AVG, burn it to a disk, then run that on there.

T3h Ch3F

Better

Originally posted here by fusiono71
    umm, sorry guys i forgot to mention the computer with this process internet dosn't work or i would have tried the online virus scans. Thanks for the post though

Greets. IMHO

Your best bet (legally) is to go to a retail store and buy a copy of your choice of Virus Scan Proggies.

Barring the burned, copy idea of course. Most if not all Web based "free" Anti Virii proggies, would not work so well if you are disconnected. And even if they did, in many (most) cases Trial versions of these utilities intentionally limit functions to get you to buy it.

Clean install makes sense to me in this case.

Good luck.

Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

Re: Better

Originally posted here by Galdron
    Greets. IMHO

Your best bet (legally) is to go to a retail store and buy a copy of your choice of Virus Scan Proggies.

Barring the burned, copy idea of course. Most if not all Web based "free" Anti Virii proggies, would not work so well if you are disconnected. And even if they did, in many (most) cases Trial versions of these utilities intentionally limit functions to get you to buy it.

Clean install makes sense to me in this case.

Good luck.

Hey Hey,

While I respect Galdron and his comments, I'm going to have to disagree with him here. I'm a proud supporter of AVG Free... I think that Grisoft made a wonderful move here. Many people that wouldn't normally buy AV software, or that would probably pirate it, are making use of their free software, which in many cases is better than some commercial software.

About a year ago we removed McAfee from 5 computers in a house we were networking and installed AVG, while McAfee claimed to be up-to-date, AVG found viruses on every PC, from 5 on one PC to over 250 on another. We have a license for eTrust at work, and we also have a CD with AVG on it. Most of the time we end up using AVG... eTrust, even with updates, doesn't seem to compare. We had a computer come into our office from residence (students run their own AV).. it had outdated Norton on it... The problem was that Norton couldn't be updated because one of the viruses was killing it everytime it loaded. I installed AVG (which the virus didn't kill) and ended up cleaning the PC of over 2700 viruses (yes.... 2700.. that's not a typo)..

Free software can be a very good thing, and is an excellent alternative to over priced commercial software. It should never be overlooked or underestimated.

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".