Netware 5 problem

Thread: Netware 5 problem

Netware 5 problem

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone in here has come accross this and can help. I am currently an admin for a NW5 network and am having some problems, 1 of which is when a users password expires the account then locks with an intruder lockout. However in NWAdmin it does not show up as locked.
    Is there a cmd to run from the console to unlock accounts with intruder lockout?

Cheers

PS I know this doesnt fix the problem but it's a Monday morning and people need to log in while it is being fixed properly.
    I have plent of thought and talent. I just don\'t give a damn

Re: Netware 5 problem

Originally posted here by tealbambino
    Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone in here has come accross this and can help. I am currently an admin for a NW5 network and am having some problems, 1 of which is when a users password expires the account then locks with an intruder lockout. However in NWAdmin it does not show up as locked.
    Is there a cmd to run from the console to unlock accounts with intruder lockout?

Cheers

PS I know this doesnt fix the problem but it's a Monday morning and people need to log in while it is being fixed properly.
    Hey Hey,

This probably won't be of much help, but it may be something you haven't yet thought of. You said this happens when a users password expires.... That shouldn't be many people, I mean why would you have their passwords expiring... but anyways that's besides the point.. Have you attempted to change the users password for them. When the password is changed does the account unlock? It's been sometime since I used netware and it was as a user, so I can't provide you with any real help... but I can offer an option to try in the meantime Hopefully you get your problem solved.

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

I had tried that and it still didnt work. Fortuneately after an hour of messing with it the option to remove intruder lockout appeared on another admins NWAdmin.

As for the password expiring... 30 forced password change

Cheers for the help. I will keep looking for the answer because I am sure this is going to cause me nio end of greif.

bam
    I have plent of thought and talent. I just don\'t give a damn