Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy 24th...

Happy 24th...

Yep. Its that time of year again... My birthday!

This year... I decided to do something that I love... but over and over again.
    (get your mind out of the gutter)

My buddy and I left really early this AM for Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ.

It was pouring its ass off outside. There was literally NO lines. Every single ride we went to, we got on as soon as we got there. If nobody was waiting for our seats when we got back... they let us stay on. I hit EVERY open coaster they have there at least 6 times. Two were shut down... the viper and skull mountain. Ah well.. they aren't really good ones anyway.

Then we got to NITRO . It is the East Coast's tallest and fastest roller coaster. I talked to the operator and told him it was my 24th b-day and since there was literally no line... providing there was the room... asked him to let me ride it 24 times in a row! Let me tell you... it was off the hook! I had so much fun. At the end it started to get a little boring... because I knew what was coming... but still fun none the less. The rain was coming down so hard that it was pelting me in the face and in the arms. It hurt so bad after a while that it started to feel good... if that makes any sense.

If you are in the area and havent' made it out there yet this year... I suggest you do so!

Just pick a nasty rainy day that way there are no lines and you stay nice and cool.

Just remember to bring a change of clothes... I forgot and had to stop by the Gap on the way back for some sweat pants/sweat shirts so I was comfortable for the drive back.

Oh... I almost forgot... my GF got me the ultimate B-day present too!
    A Cisco 831 broadband router! Now I can get rid of the 806 or just play with them both...

Well... just had to share my little b-day adventure. Normally I go to the bar and get piss ass drunk... this year I decided to celebrate a little differently... and I'm really glad that I did!

Today is a good day.

~phish
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Hey Hey Phish,

Happy b-day dude. If you want to get rid of that 806 gimme a shout on AIM... I'm sure we could work out a deal that involves me taking it off your hands

I've still yet to go on a roller coaster, maybe one day, but i'm not a huge fan of rides.... Anyways enjoy the rest of the day dude.

Peace,
    HT

24 rounds on a rollercoaster......man, you are a glutton for punishment. I would think twice or 3 times would be more than enough, but then I'm not near 24 anymore....lol

[pong]HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!![/pong]
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Happy b-day phish....

Thank you all for the happy b-days!

Today was a great day!

If my buddy hadn't wussied out... I could have done 24 on all of the coasters...
    There was literally NO line at all on any of the rides. The best time I've ever had at a theme park.
    (despite being pelted with pouring rain and being soaked... my face and arms are red from the beating they took)

Lunch was starting to want to come up and he couldn't handle it... but I had a blast!
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Antionline Herpetologist
    Many happy returns of the day dude! Enjoy playing with the new router.

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

Happy birthday phishphreek80 And I hope ya like the new router as well.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Happy birthday dude .... i just had my 21st on the 30th of june .. what a great time of the year it is heh

Ahh, now you can legally drink fyrewall. The best time's of your life are ahead of you (for awhile, then it start's to blow) .

Oh, and Happy 21st
    Space For Rent.. =]

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Happy Birthday Phishie!

I'll have to try that on my birthday in October at Six Flags New England.

We have the Superman Ride of Steel
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me