Thread: Mp3 Burning/reading Problem

Mp3 Burning/reading Problem

Every time i burn an MP3 it will not read on my MP3 player on my cd player it will only read for some reason in my comp under Windows Media Player... at first i thought it was because i had to many songs or to much time on the disk so i only put around 5 to 10 songs and it still would not read. i have went through over 15 blank CD'z tryin i just quit trying and thought i would ask if any 1 had a suggestion to why it will not burn properly. Could it be my cd drive?
    Or is it that they are all WMA files? Is there a way to change that if needed? And how it says .WMA is there a particular name and way i need to change it to?

BANNED
    What program you using to write the cd's?
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Are u sure u used Audio CD, maybe u burned a data CD ... ?

You can convert wma files to mp3 with one of these programs...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

I am using Nero 5 to burn my Cd's and i am burnig it as data... I am like almost 100 percent positve tht is what you are supposed to do not sure any more suggestions please?

Burn it as audio, problem solved.
    Is there a sum of an inifinite geometric series? Well, that all depends on what you consider a negligible amount.

Yep

I am using Nero 5 to burn my Cd's and i am burnig it as data..
    Only cd players that can read mp3 CD's, can read data CD's. Normal CD player (older ones) can only read audio CD's....

Old Fart

Re: Mp3 Burning/reading Problem

Originally posted here by jr05linux
    Every time i burn an MP3 it will not read on my MP3 player...Could it be my cd drive?
    Or is it that they are all WMA files?
    Hmmmm...can an MP3 player read a WMA file?? In most cases the answer is no, although some of the high-end HDD based players (IPOD, Archos, etc) can read WMA files. In short, the problem is that you are burning the wrong format for a CD/MP3 player to read.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Actually he is suppose to burn it as data, if the "MP3 player" won't read it then most likely it isn't an MP3 player, check the manual and burn it as Audio so you can play it on your CD player hope it helps
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Old Fart
    Originally posted here by Raion
    Actually he is suppose to burn it as data, if the "MP3 player" won't read it then most likely it isn't an MP3 player, check the manual and burn it as Audio so you can play it on your CD player hope it helps
    A little debunking....

Originally posted here by jr05linux
    Every time i burn an MP3 it will not read on my MP3 player on my cd player it will only read for some reason in my comp under Windows Media Player...
    1. He has tried an MP3 player...

2. He has tried a standard CD player...

3. It will only open with Windows Media Player...

I'm still going with the WMA format being the culprit here.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Thast why i gave him the link, so he can convert the files, mp3 are better anyways, but wma are smaller in size, soo....