Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hide My Host!

what the **** *******, i got banned for no reason, and i have friends that go on that channel, and now i cant talk to them, you dont have to be an ******* about it, a simple "i'm not going to help" would have done

No need to bother with your kind. Say hello to the ignore button luckily not the report-post button because I'm in a good mood.

Oh, and I'm not going to help. Happy?
    Space For Rent.. =]

If you put a new nic in your computer your may recieve a new ip address from your service provider, spoofing your mac address will do the same , you could also find a shell to use for irc.....
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Originally posted here by Pizard
    what the **** *******, i got banned for no reason, and i have friends that go on that channel, and now i cant talk to them, you dont have to be an ******* about it, a simple "i'm not going to help" would have done
    I agree
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

1. Spoofing MAC might cause your provider to drop your connection altogether until you register with a second physical address [same for a new NIC]. Depends what kind of a link you have and what IP [dynamic or static] and what the contract between you and the ISP states.
    2. What kind of a ban was it? Ident is the easiest to evade... just change your username. If it's host, for dial-in users [dial-up and DSL] just get a new IP, most dial-in ISPs have dynamic IP allocation.
    3. Ban escape-ing is rarely tolerated on IRC and might result into a nasty blacklisting. Which means, for the most part, you can kiss that channel good-bye.
    4. What would the 5-second host change do for you? I am still unclear about this... although unable to join the channel there are such things as private queries. A short chat with another op [in a polite manner] might help resolve the problem without much hassle. And how to find out which ops are on... you do know the nicknames of your friends I believe. Query them and they can tell you.

Yeah, don't lie. Don't expect to be treated normally/the same after you've been uncovered. And come back with more info if it is needed. I still say trying to speak with another op is the best idea, but that depends.
    /\\

Errrrrrm,

You don't quite give enough information so I will have to guess a bit: I presume that by "host" you mean your internet service provider? and by IP, you mean the address that they assign to you?

If you are using dial-up or DSL the IP address should change each time you log out, and back on again, so all you have to do is re-boot.

If it is cable, the the IP is most likely fixed, so just ask your provider to change it for you.

You said:

acually, i really was banned for no reason, i changed my name to Chrono and i got booted and the message was "omfg" then he banned the screenname so chanserv banned me, so i changed my name back to Pizard then went abck into the channel and asked why i was banned, then another op said, you weren't banned you were kicked, then i was banned and the message was "this is a ban"
    That suggests to me that the banning system probably works on your account. Reboot, login to your ISP go to your channel and open a new account, to check if that is what is happening.

Also, have you considered using a proxy server? that way the channel won't see your IP address or your ISP.

I don't think that you are dealing with rocket science here, you drew attention to yourself by complaining about one account, using another account? It may be as simple as that. After all, you could use Pizard AFTER Chrono was banned.

And please remember that the internet is NOT a court of law...............the SysOp/Moderator's word is final.

Good luck

Oh, and I'm not going to help. Happy
    then stop posting you whore !

Just Another Geek
    A "simple" IRC ban usually takes an hour. After that hour the ban is automaticly lifted.

If indeed you were banned for no reason why don't you complain to any of the regulars of that channel? If it's your favorite channel there must be somebody there that knows you and is able to help. Complain about privilege abuse and see how long "they" stay OPped.

In short don't try and evade the ban. You might get K-lined or even worse G-lined.

[edit]How about you and your friends setting up their own channel? That way you can decide who gets banned or not[/edit]
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.