Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phrack 62 out!!

phrack is a nive little place, one of my definate places for reading. The articles tend to be informative, and not beginnger stuff which is definately a plus, to me. (I personally get ****ing tired of reading stuff on a site where 90% of the stuff is either dumied down, or is just basic stuff.)

I definately recommend reading every issue, they might be old but a lot of the stuff still applies now.

Undertaker just take a look at a couple other things on the site. It usually is a good site.

I agree with you Undies, the radio hacking one is diabolical, theres no hacking in there..its basic radio tech..

i2c

Just Another Geek
    Since I know next to nothing about radio I cannot comment on that perticular article.
    But to write off the complete site because 1 article isn't up to par is a bit harsh isn't it?

If you think about it, you might as well write off AO. It also has it's fair share of articles that are crap (how do I hack my girlfriend's hotmail ie.)

But we can all see past that now can't we?

Maybe you should submit a better article on radio hacking for Phrack 63?
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

The article co-authored by Jamie Butler aka Fuzen_Op (Rootkit.Com) "Bypassing 3rd Party Windows Buffer Overflow Protection" is excellent for those interested in NT Kernel hacking.

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

I only agreeded on the quality of the radio hacking tutorial the majority of the site is excellent and very technical, phracks a must read.

as for writing a better article on radio hacking, im not real expert i no more than was written there but less that i would expect for a phrack article, ive done some dsp (digital signal processing) with radio signals but nothing that i could call "radio hacking", also i have no desire to write for phrack for various reasons.

i2c