Thread: Security Papers, etc..

Security Papers, etc..

I've finally got around to posting some of my graduate work on my website.. I've got a small "reading room" with papers on various computer security topics. WiFi, BO2K, Information Warfare (including a honeypot I set up..) and some other analysis stuff.

Feel free to browse through it. There's only four papers there, but if anyone is looking for starter discussions to aid them in coursework or general understanding of these topic, it may be useful. I plan to post my thesis proposal soon, not to mention the thesis itself when it is complete later this fall. Enjoy!

http://www.infinitel00p.com/library/index.htm

l00p

nice site. congratulations.
    depending on how much effort you will put on your thesis, i dont recommend that you put the PROPOSAL on internet.
    Instead, first publish the final thesis on normal academic procedure and AFTER publish it on internet. You cant imagine how many guys had their work stolen. If you have ur thesis published first, u will ALLWAYS get credit for it. But if you publish a proposal, on internet, anyone can get it and publish it before it.
    Ive followed that path.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Ish... that's true. That's is also one reason why I haven't posted it there first, although the thesis website is basically a full disclosure of what the project entails and will deliver. Perhaps I'm too trusting? A terrible trait for security professionals, yes?

just dont go further in details. Dont give a "picture" of your work.
    At least with details to other guy reproduce / develop your idea and get credit.
    First, take precautions to get credit.
    After, open for World.
    You never know who will arrive at your site....
    I can go there, get your idea, publish it at Cambridge, get rich, and you will try to kill me :P
    better avoid this
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

A terrible trait for security professionals, yes?
    That is correct young friend. Being too trusting can land you in "sticky spot's" if your a security professional. Think of it this way -- in the Computer and Information Security scene, being paranoid isn't a bad thing.
    Space For Rent.. =]

oooOOooOoOooh I want to shoot the .50 Cal anti-tank rifle.

i do like the icon u use for html files..

I promise to have more papers posted there in the next few months.. I've got a few now, but I'm trying to refrain from the overly-academic papers that look like "homework". No one's interested in that. Although, I do have some nice Java code that produces a 128-bit probable prime number.. (likely? Yeah.. see the BigInteger class)

BTW - that .50 cal Barret kicks like a mule, even with the muzzle break..

loop