Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yourdeadin@antionline.com

yourdeadin@antionline.com

Don’t you guys think that it is high time that anti online starts offering email ,
    See we all know that anti online is a great place for beginners , intermediates and the geeks , then why not show this to the world. We can have our specialized logos if not email showing our status at this organization.
    For example I am a Sr.member
    I can get a logo which says “AntiOnline Sr.member” which I can paste whenever & I want to show my knowledge of computers to others. A sort of logo that can be pasted in emails and can be put in web pages , the logo also has a link to the web site stating our number posts and tutorials written . We can hit two birds with the same arrow , the site will gain publicity and the geeks and other members can show off their geekdom to others !

See as far as I think a place like antionline should have a email service if not possible for now at least put the logo thingy in practice

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Actually, AO used to offer email and that was removed when AO was sold to JUPM. I suspect that JUPM doesn't necessarily want the headache of email management (same reason why they don't want to do IRC).

Now the logo idea is an interesting one. That one might be more possible where people could put linkages on their websites or as signatures to "whatever".
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

hey of course , user will provide links to the site , but don you think that anti online should provide the logo just to prove an issuing authority and to remove imposters!!

but don you think that anti online should provide the logo just to prove an issuing authority and to remove imposters!!
    Should?? They aren't required to do anything but as I said, it is a good idea. Having a page with acceptable logos to be used is certainly something that could prove to help enhance the community.

As for imposters, there will always be imposters. You can't get rid of those in an electronic environment. (Not that I can think of any sites that are "imposters" of AO).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

I can get a logo which says “AntiOnline Sr.member” which I can paste whenever & I want to show my knowledge of computers to others.
    Um Yeah, i can get Senior Status in GCC withing 2 weeks, and i proved it with this account, so that kinda doesnt really show ur knowledge.

no offence but i was trying to give an example . i don care for my status , ya iam a newbee , big deal but you din't drop as a sr member , you were also a new bee. and more over , if the above is implemented it will benifit you more than me as you are quite senior to me

yourdeadin, what Nemory is trying to say is that Senior Status comes as a result of posting lots, not necessarily the quality of the posts made. It's very easy to become a senior by yapping in everything but security. That doesn't necessarily indicate true knowledge or expertise.

Now, perhaps if it was tied to the number of posts in the security forums, then it might be an indication of knowledge (or at least huge amounts of curiosity or flaming )

well i am sorry , a good suggestiion indeed , but as you your self said , there will be imposters and people who get to seniority but illegal means but just for that we cannot stop the good work can we

youdeadin, keep in mind that criticism or looking at things differently doesn't mean it's a bad thing (there's nothing to be sorry for). It just means take other things into consideration. It is a good idea. It would help with PR and such. But to make it viable we need to look at the other factors which might have a play into the success or failure of it.

just to prove nemory's point see the thread that i started
    a big thanx to nihil for replying to that thread

[URL=http://www.antionline.com/showthread.php?postid=769196&t=5678#post769196]