Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: yourdeadin@antionline.com

AO French Antique News Whore
    Originally posted here by NemorY
    Um Yeah, i can get Senior Status in GCC withing 2 weeks, and i proved it with this account, so that kinda doesnt really show ur knowledge.
    I don't think the AO community would have let a new user post whore in addict that fast. You were a special case Nemory.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

AntiOnline email would be nice, and as MsMittens mentioned there used to be such as service when JP ran the site (it was @antionline.org email addresses powered by Big Mail Box or something if I recall correctly). However I imagine JM doesn't want or need the hassle of running such a service.

As for senior member status, it's far too easy to get nowadays. There is no good indication of a user's status on the site other than what other members think of them, because posts and antipoints are far too easy to obtain.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Hmm, doesnt JM have alot of email servers out there anyways? I mean a company of that size? Adding some users from AO wouldnt be 'too' much hassle. It would be a swell idea. But offcourse, as an 'earned site benefit'. Any chance we can be nice to JM, and 'hope' they do us this favour? I know they are busy as is.... but c'mmon
    LOL, cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

They probably do have a lot of existing mail servers, but I imagine they'd need one dedicated to AO given the traffic it would probably receive. It's not the adding users that's the hassle, but monitoring what they use the service for - look what a mess the forums get into, even with antipoints and the moderators, email would create a lot more work in that area.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

This is not something I see happening. We have no systems in place to handle offering you guys email (other than our internal mail system, and there is absolutely no way we'll be offereing accounts in that system to people who aren't staff). This isn't up to me, and I already know the answer will no be if I put it to my boss.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

mnstrgl, I was wondering if JM was to come up with an email system, they could do it as an Invite only. Members who truly deserve to get the email, would receive an invitation ( somewhat of a reward for sharing their knowledge and/or helping others out).

Just something to keep in mind