Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: < heads up >ie6 new vulnerabilities

< heads up >ie6 new vulnerabilities

new ie6 vulnerabilties posted to bugtraq on 07/11/2004 by paul@greyhats.cjb.net

ooops not a good week for for M$ i guess!

Yeah, no joke. I saw these today and just gasped for air...more unpatched vulns in IE with exploits to soon follow I bet. Wait that's more like a smilie.

Sure wish these had been released a week or 2 ago to give M$ time to incorporate into tomorrow's patch(es).

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    There's really no way to determine if these are new or if they were caused by something being patched earlier. Yeah, we have the whitepapers to go on, but not everything's released sometimes. This doesn't bode well for MS, that's for sure. Glad I got my gf on Firefox and Opera....

My question is, if there's this many for MS' *browser*, then what the hell do you think could be found for the OS if someone really got down to it?
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

All i can say is Bugger.
    I was starting to think that Ie was starting to be a half decent browser, but i guess i was wrong.
    Allwell i'm gonna dust of my Avante Browser and leave those little vulnevalities behind..

cheers
    f2b:.

Originally posted here by Vorlin
    My question is, if there's this many for MS' *browser*, then what the hell do you think could be found for the OS if someone really got down to it?
    I guess you haven't read Exploiting Software. How to Break Code or visited the authors' (one of 'em at least) website www.rootkit.com

Hoglund makes hooking ring 0 look like childs play.

Originally posted here by .:front2back:.
    All i can say is Bugger.
    I was starting to think that Ie was starting to be a half decent browser, but i guess i was wrong.
    Allwell i'm gonna dust of my Avante Browser and leave those little vulnevalities behind..

cheers
    Avant browser is based off IE code. Your still screwed unless you disable all scripting.

Unless Avante is different that Avant.

Bugger anyone know a Browser that is actually safe to use?

Originally posted here by .:front2back:.
    Bugger anyone know a Browser that is actually safe to use?
    Really NONE totally... however many feel, as do I, that Mozilla, Firefox, and Opera are all safer than IE. I say this because 1) there are fewer holes that have been found still open (if any), and 2) open source means many gurus/experts looking over code and fixing it quicker. There is some debate as to whether there is more research for holes done on IE than the others because it's more popular but I don't share that view.

I have moved all my family over to Mozilla with Java and scripting turned off. I than advise them that if they must trully have that enabled for a particular site use IE only when it is a known trusted site - that's what I do.

Mozilla, Firefox at www.mozilla.org

Soda is correct. Avante(avant) and MyIE2 still run off of the Internet Explorer Dlls, system calls, and the entire IE base. They are a front end, basically So still very vunerable.

As for other browsers, I'll just link you to a large list of browsers I made earlier:

http://antionline.com/showthread.php...402#post763402

Sounds like a good idea, i used to use FireFox, but i unistalled it for some stupid reason
    Looks like i'm just gonna have ta re-download it cause it sounds like a safe choice..
    Cheers big ears