Thread: Rogers/Yahoo High Speed Mail -- 2gb!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Rogers/Yahoo High Speed Mail -- 2gb!

When I'm at work, I generally check my home mail via my ISP's (Rogers.com) Webmail option. Lo and behold I got a bit of a shock today when it asked me to register for Yahoo-Rogers HighSpeed Webmail. It has some interesting features including decent spam blocking and 2GB of space (that last bit surprised me).

I'm not sure if I like having this pairing but it shall be interesting to see how they work out over the next little while. The main page for it is a tad "comfusing" as there's too much on the page. And I avoided "downloading" their software to connect for this (I don't think I've used ISP software for connection in about 10 years now).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Hey Hey,

That's nice that they are offering it now... I must say I find it humerous.. For those of you outside Ontario.. There's two Major players in the high speed internet game.. Sympatico and Rogers/Cogeco/Shaw.... Now it seems Rogers has hooked up with Yahoo (can anyone say if Cogeco or Shaw have also?).... Well Sympatico has recently teamed up with MSN... it lead to huge mail server problems.. but it's humerous to see these companies teaming up.

Just thought I'd mention that.

HT

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Well there has been a nice side effect. They evidentally have a spam filter in place and a virus checker. It's about time, IMO, that the ISPs look at this and deal with it before it goes into "their" network of users. It is interesting that Rogers announced it (it was in the Business Section of the Toronto Star) today, fairly recently to when Sympatico announced their partnership with MSN.

Although I guess I'm glad it's Yahoo rather than MSN in some ways.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage