Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: free hosting sucks

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar

Angry free hosting sucks

I currently have been making a website. Its html and css. When I try to put it on geocities or 50megs.com for example, they put their code into mine which deletes half of my code in the process. Anka Fadas book has somecode that stops pop ups and banners but none that work currently. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? I don't have the money or the plastic card to buy my own site....

Use a different host, such as Tripod instead.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I use freewebs.com and it seems to work great. They don't force you to use any banners at all, although they would like you to pay $10 per month for bannerless access.

kurt you have to put more effort into your searching, for hosts. There are several hosts, that will put adds on your site, but not a lot. There are a couple of things that you can, and should do.

You should IMHO host your site yourself. It's rather easy, and saves a lot of bitching, about everyone else messing up.

I am not sure if this place is still doing this, but this is where I registered a domain, and they were giving away free hosting for a while. Not sure if they still are.

Check this link, to a thread, about it.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...t=GreekGoddess

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    Thanx but still sucks!!!!!!!!!! They still put their code into mine which deletes my code. Stupid hosters! Can't give something without nothing. Anybody?

Try Netfirms The only thing that they have is a banner on the upper page.

But there are no pop ups. I never had a problem with the code, using HTML, CSS ^ JavaScript. They offer 1024MB of bandwidth per month, and 10 MB of storage. I've been on it for 6 months now and my site never went down.
    Neon Security

It\'s time to put an end to malicious code & black hat hackers - Use a firewall and anti virus!

Why didn't you just say 1GB instead of 1024MB. I'm just wondering...
    --> MyWebsite <--

www.angeltowns.com - No banners/pop-ups
    and there are "many" others out there too.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Smells like advertising....

He is looking for FREE hosting.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Originally posted here by kurt_der_koenig
    Can't give something without nothing.
    Welcome to the world of capitalism. There's no such thing as a free lunch.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.