Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is wrong w/ my forums?

Just Another Geek
    This caught my eye:
    ERROR: Cannot find database chips_wtf
    Looks like "they" nuked your database.

What forum are you using? Maybe it's an oldy that has an sql-injection bug in it and somebody else (not the provider) nuked your database.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

That is my friend who host the database. The site is now back up and he said that the database was corrupt. I guess it finally went down. Well, he worked on it and I guess he fixed it. It has always been corrupt, but from what I know (not much about it), we would have to lose everything and start over to correct this. I am not willing to do this. I guess I will just have to live with it going down a few times a month until something comes along that will allow me to change boards WITH OUT losing anything. I'm hoping some of you may have some ideas...?

All the above is going under the assumption that that guy really didn't do this on purpose.

Once again, thank all of you for your input, questions, and help.

Originally posted here by DISLEX
    That is my friend who host the database. The site is now back up and he said that the database was corrupt. I guess it finally went down.
    Once again, thank all of you for your input, questions, and help.
    If you don't wanna have problems like that in the future, you might want to look at getting your site hosted by www.webhostfreaks.com , those guys are pros when it comes to PHP and MySQL, plus it's cheap too. I host with them, and I've never had any problem.

--PuRe www.pureehosting.com
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com