Thread: Change in "The Overall AntiPoint Status Of This Thread"

AO French Antique News Whore

Change in "The Overall AntiPoint Status Of This Thread"

I was in this thread ( http://www.antionline.com/showthread...259772#newpost ) and The Overall AntiPoint Status Of This Thread was even. Then I give 2 positifs AP to nihil and allenb1963 and the thread made it to extremely positive.

I don't think thread should be that easy to send to extremely positive. I don't have the best AP Punch either by looking at nihil and allenb1963 AP that they got from the assignement.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

It seems to be a straight accumulator. If you look at Allenb1963 and my post indicators, you will see that you have pushed them both OVER half way to the right, so if you simply add them together then you would get a full scale deflection.

I have noticed that the effect of negative antipoints is not so extreme, and would imagine that this is to prevent perfectly good threads from going suicidal because a Troll has posted to it.

I suspect that the idea is to encourage readers to look at the threads with high values because these should be of high quality and reflect favourably on the site.

just a thought

And thankyou for the points

SDK: If you'd like to brag about your AP's, do it elsewhere haha, but seriously though that's just the result of having enough antipoint's to make a user's post go extremely positive. I wish there could be a feature where you could limit the amount of AP's you give to a post because not all of the post's I green or neg deserve the full WHAM of it all (considering I hit with quite a bit). Perhap's a feature where you could assign a certain number of AP's to a post (with your max number being on the AP message screen)?
    Space For Rent.. =]

AO French Antique News Whore
    That would be good Spyder but I still think it's too easy to push a thread from even to extremly positif.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Well I'm not sure, but doesn't the status of the thread change according to the overall given AP value compared to how many posts there are? If there's a one-reply thread and both posts have good AP standing then it seems natural the status would be extremely positive.

But I guess that could be changed... oh and since we're here... would it be very hard to display the status of the thread on the forum page [view new posts page]? It can attract attention even more to some threads... Just a thought I've been having.
    /\\